CNET Editors' review
Label Spirit Simple is a powerful label maker that allows users to create labels with text, images, bar codes, and more. Although the program is a bit confusing at first, the program offers many options for label creation.
The program's interface is not particularly intuitive. The program is separated into two components--Label Edit and Label Print--and it is not readily apparent what either of these does. The Print interface in particular is confusing, with lots of little unfamiliar things crowded into the top of the screen. This is unfortunate, because the interface is otherwise quite sleek, and the look of it integrates well with Office 2007 products.
The program's features are many. Users can create labels based on information entered into a database in the Print component, such as address labels or name tags. Labels with sequential numbers can be automatically generated, as well as bar-code labels with various layouts. In general we found the program to be quite versatile, with plenty of options for customizing labels. Because the program contains so many features, it's best suited to users with more complex label-making needs. The built-in Help file is well-written and does a good job of explaining the program's features.
Label Spirit Simple has a 30-day trial period. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a file behind upon removal. We recommend this program to intermediate and advanced users; users with a need for basic labels will find that other programs are less confusing.
From Orchid Software:
Label Spirit Starter Edition is barcode label software for all your labeling and printing needs. You can create any size label with text, shapes, and images. You can also move, resize, and modify objects on labels. The data sheet lets you generate sequences of data and you can import data from any database through ADO or ODBC. Label Spirit support variable and functions, you can combine data from many different sources and set up advanced math, string, and logical functions. Starter is for users printing text, images, and bar codes. Features include label editor, label print, WYSIWYG label design, drag and drop creation of all objects, import graphics in BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PCX, and PNG, add rich text, text art, shapes, 1D barcodes, and OLE objects, automatic check digit capability, and counter sequence.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create barcode labels with text and shapes for printing.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Design labels and print barcodes, addresses, or package labels.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create barcodes for mailing labels, products tagging, inventory...
- Make high resolution barcode images from over 50 barcode types ...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Design label for your product with barcode label program.
- Design and print labels with texts, barcodes, and images.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create bar codes and print them out on a variety of labels.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create and print barcodes, images, and text on any graphics pri...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Print Code 39 barcodes on different type of labels page.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Print Code 128 barcodes on different type of label page.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Why do they still make unfriendly software?"
Version: Label Spirit Starter 7.0
Can't think of any
Can't think of any
Wish it was easier to use. I deleted it.
"The software is very nice and friendly to work with."
Version: Label Spirit Starter 3.0.5
The software is very nice and friendly to work with, Support is very fast (same day or the next).
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: