CNET Editors' review
Label Designer Plus Deluxe provides users with a fantastic tool for making mailing labels that can be professional, personalized, or both. With simple tools and a surprising amount of freedom, users can enjoy labels that make a statement.
This program is simple enough for users of all skill levels to quickly utilize. Its production wizard walks people through every step of the process and makes all the individual touches seem natural, thanks to great instruction. Users will likely not need the Help file to operate this program. To begin, select the type of label to print from a comprehensive list. From there, the standard information such as mailing and return address are filled in. From this point, Label Designer starts to take shape as something special. People can insert a logo from their computer, customize a background with a color, a picture, or design and even change the font. Label Designer Plus Deluxe also offers a few special features that make it really work. The best is its simple bar code maker. People simply input the number sequence of their barcode and the computer produces the image automatically.
While we wished this 15-day trial were longer, we feel it is plenty of time to utilize the simple controls and excellent results of this download.
From CAM Development:
Label Designer Plus Deluxeallows you to create great looking Address and Shipping Labels, CD and DVD Labels and Inserts, Envelopes, Post Cards, Name Badges, Signs and other media labels for audio tapes, diskettes, ZIP disks, file folders, and more. With the same proven user interface from our Designer Series products, Label Designer Plus Deluxe is easy to use for beginners, yet powerful enough for experts. Use the wide variety of tools to add text, graphics, shapes, barcodes, shadows, arc text and other effects to your design. Vary the color and style of any object for an endless array of possibilities. Select an existing layout or add your own for any stock you want to print. Use standard stock or define your own. Link to the built in Personal Database or any comma-delimited text or CSV file or use ADO and ODBC to link to external databases. Use the Field Wizard to create multi-line complex fields such as complete addresses and full names. Use the built-in database filtering to select and print only records that meet selected criteria. Use the Design Wizard to get started in a matter of seconds. Once you basic design is created tweak it as needed or print it just the way it is.
What's new in this version:
- Cloud Gallery integration for an ever-growing source of pre-designed business card templates
- Quick Tools panel contains all the tools need to edit your business card in one place
- QR and PDF417 bar code support
- Updated documentation
- Windows 8 support
More Products to Consider
- Design and print great looking business cards quickly and easil...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Design and print business cards and labels.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create business cards, letterhead, envelopes, and labels.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Print address labels, flyers, postcards, business cards, envelo...
- Find business card designs.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Print labels, envelopes, and cards for business, event planning...
- Keep names and addresses under different categories for easy ac...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Take charge of your sales.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create your custom business card and full size CDs that share t...
- Create various kinds of labels for mailings, products, home, or...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Add images and text anywhere you want with this powerful WYSIWY...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It may work great, but beware the free trial"
Version: Label Designer Plus Deluxe 10.2
I have yet to find out because of the cheap trick they subject you to if you install and try to use the trial version.
Their free trial comes at a price that they don't tell you about until you go to print your first batch of labels.
I wanted to find straightforward label making software. It was important to be able to try it out before buying it to ensure it works properly with my OS and data sources. I've been burned before by buying software that says it will do something, only to find out it won't work with my system.
So, I went to test print labels for mailing purposes and everything was working OK. Not entirely intuitive, but not too difficult to figure out. It worked with my Excel list, though it doesn't import your column headings - I had to open the file separately and input those myself. But I got it to work.
But when I went to print the labels - which I was planning to use for business purposes - up pops a little surprise they don't tell you about when you use the trial version - they stick a horrible "watermark" on your labels, rendering them useless. The line, "Printed by Label Designer Plus DELUXE Trial" is printed on all of your labels.
How do you trust a company who tells you that you can use their software free for 15 days and lies to you? I can't, with good conscience, pay them $39.95 for this software now. They are LOSING my business because they wasted my time with their cheap trick that ruined my labels.
I don't understand why you would create a trial for a piece of software and then sabotage your customer's use of that trial with cheap tricks. They don't tell you about this problem until you hit print. It's extremely unprofessional, smacks of a con job, and therefore, I will not purchase this software. It's a shame that CNET doesn't bother to tell you about this either.
Bottom line: I don't trust this company because of the cheap trick they pull when you go to use their trial software. I don't like to support businesses that pull cheap tricks and misrepresent their products.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: