Kodu provides an end-to-end creative environment for designing, building, and playing your own new games. Aimed at children, although accessible to anybody, Kodu offers a high-level language that incorporates real-world primitives: collision, color, and vision. It runs on Xbox 360 and Windows, includes an interactive terrain editor for creating worlds of arbitrary shape and size, a bridge and path builder, and offers 20 characters with different abilities.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Let your kids explore their own abilities in learning math.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Get quick access to PlayKidsGames.com Web site pages.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Provide a programming language for kids 8-14.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Access the top learning games and activities on PBS Kids Web si...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Introduce the Visual Basic Express programming to your kids usi...
- Access the top learning games and activities on Web.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Control the amount of time a person can spend on the computer.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Enjoy the adrenaline-filled flight simulation with bug attitude...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Align three or more blocks to make them disappear.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Get quick access to National Geographic for kids learning and g...
- Get quick access to the Warner Brothers Kids Web site.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"It's actually fun!"
Version: Kodu 1.2.88
It may be an indie game, but regardless I have had a lot of fun with it. It's a game creator for kids, which is based on a visual cause-and-effect programming language. Basically, you say "when something happens, do this." For example, when the game loads, jump up and down. There is a wide selection of things characters in your game can do, such as Jump, Eat, Score Points, Play Sounds, Play Music, Glow, Talk, the list goes on and on. It was easy for me to create a simple game and export it to a file to share with my friends (the games are in .kodu format so they will also need Kodu Game Lab to view it). It is 100% free so I recommend you try it and if you don't like it, uninstall it - there's nothing to lose.
The Community requires you to sign up to Hotmail to use which might be confusing for it's target audience (small children). Also, similar to other creation games like Little Big Planet, you can only use a limited amount of resources before you can't add anymore (mostly due to graphics problems) but you have to add a LOT of characters for this to happens so it probably won't happen too often.
With Kodu, it's actually more fun creating the games than playing them! But that's fun too.
"Very interesting program, a lot of fun to play with."
Version: Kodu 1.1
Lots of different options and controls to make it do different things, still playing with it to learn more.
Can be difficult to figure some of the training exercises out, haven't done them all yet, and still very new to the program.
"This is the best game creating software for kids."
Version: Kodu 18.104.22.168 Technical Preview
I like it's game creating abilities.
No comments about this.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content