CNET Editors' review
Keyloggers are sneaky little programs that can record everything you type, including usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information. Although antivirus software is often able to detect and eliminate such programs once you're infected, they're not foolproof. KeyScrambler Personal promises to encrypt your keystrokes at the level of your keyboard driver and decrypt them when they reach your browser so they're visible to you. Sounds good in theory, but does it work? We can't guarantee that it's perfect, but we can say that it worked just fine when we tried it.
Obviously, if we wanted to see if KeyScrambler Personal could guard against keyloggers, we'd have to install a keylogger on our machine. We did, made sure it was logging our keystrokes, and then installed KeyScrambler Personal. The program appeared as an icon in our system tray; right-clicking on it brought up an options menu, which let us set a hot key for enabling and disabling the program and specify how we wanted the program to display when in use. We set about typing in Firefox, one of KeyScrambler Personal's supported browsers, and a small box appeared that displayed the scrambled version of the text we typed. When we opened our keylogger to see what it had captured, there was all our scrambled text in place of what we'd actually typed. It's important to remember that KeyScrambler Personal doesn't encrypt everything you do; we were still able to view the Web sites we'd visited and search engine results. But text that we'd actually typed, such as in e-mails and in-browser chats, was indeed encrypted. An online Help file gives a thorough overview of the program's use. Overall, KeyScrambler Personal was easy to use and it seemed to be effective. It's worth checking out if you want to keep what you type safe from prying eyes.
KeyScrambler Personal installs and uninstalls without issues.
From QFX Software:
KeyScrambler Personal is a free program for your web browser that protects everything you type from keyloggers. It defeats keyloggers by encrypting your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level, deep within the operating system. When the encrypted keystrokes reach your browser, KeyScrambler then decrypts them so you see exactly the keys you've typed. Keyloggers can only record the encrypted keys, which are completely indecipherable. Unlike anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that depend on recognition to remove keyloggers that they know about, KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer. KeyScrambler Personal supports 33 popular browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari, and more.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168 adds support for Windows 8.1, IE 11, the Pirate Browser, and Minecraft in all supported browsers. Also includes other bugfixes and performance enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Learn more about programs running on your system and be notifie...
- Scan your installed programs and categorize them by their secur...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your Windows computer from keylogger attacks.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Warn users about risky Web sites that try to scam visitors and ...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Get a six-minute session that will boost your confidence in pub...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Improve your knowledge about Geography.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 525 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: KeyScrambler Personal 22.214.171.124
-I can see keystroke being enscrypted
-Suuport almost any browser
Free vertion only supports browsers. Many application and email clients also required password. It won't protect them.
For full protection download "Zemana AntiLogger Free."