CNET Editors' review
Beyond passwords, more computer users want more protection for their systems. KeyLemon for Mac provides an additional, functional layer of protection through facial recognition to unlock a computer.
Available as a free trial version, KeyLemon for Mac provides a basic level of functioning, but additional features may be unlocked with license upgrades. The program's native installer worked well and walked us through the setup and initial recognition procedure. The interface was fairly intuitive and spelled out the functions available. Some of the menus may be difficult to interpret for novice users, but those familiar with security software in general should not have a problem deciphering them. In the trial version, the program allowed us to require facial recognition before starting or unlocking the computer. For an additional $19.99, you can set the computer to recognize when you move away from the Webcam, and lock the computer. A complete upgrade for $39.95 allows tracking of those who attempt to use the computer. The facial recognition worked well and quickly. It also could distinguish between users, provided the lighting was consistent. Paid upgrades purportedly solve the lighting issue, but this was not tested. The program did operate smoothly and without glitches or bugs.
While the free version's features were basic, those seeking enhanced security and willing to pay for the upgraded licenses may find KeyLemon for Mac beneficial.
KeyLemon protects your computer against hijackers (permanent protection) and allows you to unlock (or resume from sleep) with face recognition. Just download the software, create your face model and unlock your session simply and conveniently with KeyLemon. How does it work? KeyLemon is a simple solution which check that you are behind your computer. When you leave the computer, it will automatically lock it and then unlock it when you are back. KeyLemon takes a picture of the hijackers who tried to access your computer when you leave it.
What's new in this version:
- KeyLemon compatible with Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Add italian language
- Shorter wizard
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Store passwords, logins, notes, then sync to your mobile phone ...
- Encrypt or decrypt your PDF documents.
- Monitor your home and your loved ones from anywhere - with any ...
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Protect the Data You Share & Store in the Cloud.
- Securely and automatically log into websites and store private ...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Monitor user activity on your Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook, MacBook A...
- Enables the standards-based VPN server built into Mac OS X.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Checks to see if the motherboard battery still has power.
- Protect your children against inappropriate content online.
- Bingo with ads/images for businesses or private use.
- Record keystrokes, websites, chats, and screenshots.
- Computer usage monitoring tool for parental control.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Works perfectly on my MacBook Pro"
Version: KeyLemon 2.6
Performs as expected
None that I have incurred so far
"Best Facial Recognition Software Yet!"
Version: KeyLemon 2.3.1
This software does exactly what it says, unlocks your computer with your face.
One thing i don't like is that you can't lock your computer solely with your face as the password. You have to also have a written password.
Overall this software does what it says and does it well. Since I am a Mac user I don't know how well it does on windows but I'm sure it does the same thing. I recommend it 100%!!!
Version: KeyLemon 2.3.1
none. It never worked
broken... messed up computer
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content