"Not much more then a clone of GAMBAS"
Version: KBasic 1.4
1. There are a couple of things that I like about KBasic. The first is that for a Linux .bin Binary it was very easy to install under SuSe 10.2.
2. Kbasic has source compatibility with Visual basic, Although I have not confirmed this for my self.
3. The best thing about Kbasic is that it's easy to uninstall. It comes with a nifty little uninstall icon that it saw fit to clutter up my desktop with. (I wish more .bin binaries came with this)
1. KBasic no matter what you read here or even what you read on their web page is not free ware nor is it open source or atleast I haven't been able to find source code anywhere. on their web page.
2. Kbaic offers nothing that Gambas 2.0 is going to offer and 1.9 already does. (Although I admit Gambas code is not compatible with any interpreter written for windows)
3. Kbasic, on it's first run presents you with an extraordinarily small type font....WHY?
Conclusion: If you need a basic interpreter with source code compatibility with VB6 for windows then this may be where to look. But it comes with a price tag of $34.95. THIS IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE NOR IS IT OPEN SOURCE AS IT SAYS ON IT'S OWN WEB PAGE.
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?