CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link takes you to the publisher's Web site, where you can learn more about the application. To download it, visit the Android Market app on your Android smartphone.
CNET Editors' review
Competitor Qik is making a name for itself by getting preloaded onto various smartphones (like the HTC Evo), but Justin.tv, originally a Web service, is following suit with its own Android and iPhone apps.
Justin.tv makes it easy to register for an account from the phone and easy to get started recording your video over Wi-Fi and data. Chatting with live viewers and sharing video to Facebook and Twitter are also intuitive features to use. In addition to letting others watch your video from those two social networks, your fans can catch you from your personal video channel on the Justin.tv Web site.
We like being able to change the video title right from the recording screen, which only records in landscape mode (this aligns with the dimensions of the online player as well.) After the video streams, Justin.tv saves the recorded sessions online.
We did wish that the app would also let you find and watch live Justin.tv videos created by others, as well as play back videos saved to the company's servers. In the meantime, Justin.tv is a fast, straightforward, and free option for broadcasting moments live from your Android phone.
Broadcast live video over 3G and WiFi. Easily share your broadcast on Twitter and Facebook so friends and family can watch. Videos are automatically saved to the Web on Justin.tv. Chat with viewers watching from the Web.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 comes with Frame Reinsertion, the broadcaster can be confident in the quality of the archive video no matter the network conditions used when broadcasting the video live.
More Products to Consider
- Capture and create amazing videos to share across all of your f...
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
- Turn your Android device into the second monitor for your PC or...
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Get an Android application to allow you to trim lengthy videos.
- Browse and playback content stored on your Windows PC's PowerDV...
- Capture time-lapse and slow motion videos automatically.
- Access the mobile video search site on your Android device.
- Shoot, share, and watch videos on your Android.
- Watch internet videos on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Shoot your own time lapse videos on your Android device.
- Provide license key for your existing Video Safe application.
- View pictures from over 3,000 cameras around the world on your ...
- Instant Video Messaging.
- Watch amazing bike stunts with different-different types of mov...
- Find your ideal tattoo that suits your personality and style pe...
- Convert video into various other format.
- Instantly supersize faces on your Android device.
- Watch the latest music video from your favorite artists on your...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content