CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link takes you to the publisher's Web site, where you can learn more about the application. To download it, visit the Android Market app on your Android smartphone.
CNET Editors' review
Competitor Qik is making a name for itself by getting preloaded onto various smartphones (like the HTC Evo), but Justin.tv, originally a Web service, is following suit with its own Android and iPhone apps.
Justin.tv makes it easy to register for an account from the phone and easy to get started recording your video over Wi-Fi and data. Chatting with live viewers and sharing video to Facebook and Twitter are also intuitive features to use. In addition to letting others watch your video from those two social networks, your fans can catch you from your personal video channel on the Justin.tv Web site.
We like being able to change the video title right from the recording screen, which only records in landscape mode (this aligns with the dimensions of the online player as well.) After the video streams, Justin.tv saves the recorded sessions online.
We did wish that the app would also let you find and watch live Justin.tv videos created by others, as well as play back videos saved to the company's servers. In the meantime, Justin.tv is a fast, straightforward, and free option for broadcasting moments live from your Android phone.
Broadcast live video over 3G and WiFi. Easily share your broadcast on Twitter and Facebook so friends and family can watch. Videos are automatically saved to the Web on Justin.tv. Chat with viewers watching from the Web.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 comes with Frame Reinsertion, the broadcaster can be confident in the quality of the archive video no matter the network conditions used when broadcasting the video live.
More Products to Consider
- Capture and create amazing videos to share across all of your f...
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Access the mobile video search site on your Android device.
- Get an Android application to allow you to trim lengthy videos.
- Turn your Android device into the second monitor for your PC or...
- Capture time-lapse and slow motion videos automatically.
- Instantly supersize faces on your Android device.
- Recast is the best way to customize weather and widgets on your...
- Calculate complex equations with this scientific calculator for...
- Browse and playback content stored on your Windows PC's PowerDV...
- Protect your privacy and ensure security while using your Andro...
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- Download and save video from popular wed sites.
- Shoot your own time lapse videos on your Android device.
- Avoid mobile radiation in real-time with tawkon. tawkon monitor...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
- Manage and share your contact information on your Android devic...
- Watch the latest music video from your favorite artists on your...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content