From Open Source Matters:
Joomla! is a powerful Open Source Content Management System for building professional web sites easily. It is often the system of choice for small business or home users who want a professional looking site that's simple to deploy and use. It can deliver a robust enterprise-level Web site as well, empowered by endless extensibility for your bespoke publishing needs. Joomla! is different from the normal models for content management software. For a start, it's not complicated. Joomla! has been developed for everybody, and anybody can develop it further. Similarly to the Firefox browser, the core system can be extended via easily installable add-ons authored by the developer community.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Manage business database applications.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Fixes websites that disable command-click to open a new tab.
- Huge collection of 225 stock icons.
- Live chat and website monitoring solution for online customer s...
- Generate Mandelbrot Fractals.
- Create a portal that ties your internal workgroups together.
- Authoring system for RAD & multimedia content.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Advertising layout software.
- Scientific journals database.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Great tool for developers!"
Version: Joomla 1.5.15
Unreal, I can build a full featured website in a day now compared to weeks. Plus its the coding is simple and well organized and I can find any body with coding experience to create components for my clients.
Deployments is time consuming when going from local to host server.
Simple tool to use, development is a breeze and its super simple to create templates. PSD to Joomla templates is really easy and you can create amazing websites for free except for the price of hosting and domain name.
""Don't even Bother""
Version: Joomla 1.5.12
It's free but thats about it....oh hang on support is free too but you need hours and hours as there is millions of pages to read for a simple answer that won't work,
It's free....and very very hard to use.
Takes hours to setup correctly and sucks up data...and then takes days to learn how to use it...weeks if you install a "add on" or "plug in".
Don't even Bother trying to install this unless you are a website wiz and have a webhost that will let you install it.
You would have a better chance of finding family history on 5 generations of cousins cousins cousins then you will of getting this thing to work correctly.
Not sure what the developers had in mind but it was not to make it user friendly at all.....come on up to 5 levels of changes to get a banner advert to work...or over 4 levels of movement to edit the frontpage!
SOMEBODDY NEEDS TO INVEST $$$ INTO THIS to bring it up to 2009 standards...
"Have not used it as of today"
Version: Joomla 1.5.10
Have not used it as of today
Have not used it as of today
"Out-of-the-box Content Management"
Version: Joomla 1.5.3
User friendly, various options for customized designs and functions, hundreds of extensions for galleries, mass mail, podcasts, and much more.
"A great CMS"
Version: Joomla 1.5
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
joomla is a great cms (content management system). i used it to build a couple of web sites that i needed to be updateable by non-web-savvy people, and it's great. there are a boatload of extensions for it that can make it do all kinds of things, from e-commerce to user management to group management to file hosting and so on. highly recommended!! (not sure why it's listed in versiontracker, as it's just php and web-based so you access it through any browser)