CNET Editors' review
Jobee is a versatile media player that allows users to access online radio, television, RSS feeds, and more. Although not all of the TV channels are functional, on the whole we found Jobee to be well-designed and useful.
The program's interface is sleek and intuitive, with its major features organized using tabs. The program's Radio tab contains a long list of radio stations that are organized by genre. Some of them are online versions of real radio stations, while others exist entirely online. There's a huge variety, and the program makes it easy to add new stations. The program's TV tab is a little spottier; there aren't a lot of channels, and we had trouble getting most of them to work, although this is often par for the course when it comes to Internet TV. The program also features an RSS reader, a weather tab that can list information for multiple cities, and a media library. We weren't sure exactly how the Books tab worked; there was an option to add books, but we're not sure if it's for ebooks or audiobooks, or if the program has access to books that can be downloaded. This is where the program's lack of a Help file became a problem. For the most part, though, Jobee is very easy to use, especially if you're looking primarily for a media player.
Jobee is free. The program installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
From Itera Research:
Jobee - a convenient media player designed for comfortable listening of Internet radio stations and audio podcasts, watching Internet television, reading RSS feeds. We tried to develop as much useful player as possible. Thus, for example, Jobee will remember what part of audio podcast you already listened or what last radio station you was listening. It will download automatically changes in RSS feed and will let you know about this showing notification in right bottom corner of your screen.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Watch TV channels, live sports, latest movies, listen to radio ...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Watch thousands of TV channels on your PC with an Internet conn...
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create, edit, and maintain your own RSS newsfeeds and podcasts.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Listen, search, and read news from different Web sites.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Read and write blogs on a Web site of your choice.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Upload any number of new RSS feeds to Web servers and manage ex...
- Access Web links, news, video clips, and podcasts directly on y...
- Download podcasts directly to your player and read RSS or Atom ...
- Manage your podcast RSS feed.
- Connect to the Web and watch Internet TV and video podcasts.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A joy and easy"
Version: Jobee 22.214.171.1248
Easy to add stations
TV listing not great
some unresponsive links
Works really well and it is unique because of all the media content it incorporates. Good stuff.
"Looks good but...."
Version: Jobee 126.96.36.1998
Very promising prog - still learning it, but it handles radio & TV stations worldwide, weather etc. etc.
Very promising prog but too big for my screen meaning I've got to scroll around to see everything, even the min/max/exit boxes at top RH corner - very annoying! Lack of Help is a big disadvantage at first but learning by trial & error.
Will spend more time learning it - good fun!