CNET Editors' reviewThis breakout-style game stands as a nicely polished addition to the genre, although a few issues keep us from getting more excited. JoBryxz sticks to the basic brick-breaking formula pioneered by the classic Arkanoid, with the standard assortment of power-ups. However, since the brick formations begin very close to your paddle, you'll have to be quick to keep the ball moving. The inclusion of enemy ships that fire at your paddle ups the challenge level even further. Still, we found it both strange and irritating that you have to press a button every time you need a new ball, which can kill your momentum. The graphics are better than those of many such games we've seen, especially the mysterious and well-rendered background scene of a pyramid. You can choose to play against a black background if you find the imagery distracting, but that's unfortunately the only customization option JoBryxz provides. We also wish the demo included more than three boards, as many experienced players will blow right through them. While we've definitely seen better Breakout games, we can see how this one could be a worthy download for newcomers who don't need a lot of options.
Break your way through 30 unique levels with realistic bouncing balls. Destroy all bricks while keeping the balls on the playing field. If a ball goes past the paddle then you lose it. There are up to seven balls in action. Keep as many balls as possible in the playing field and you will get a great high score. Some bricks will give you special bonuses such as new balls, fireballs, a long paddle, a short paddle, and stars. However, be careful, since obstacles such as bad guys and rotators pass your way.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Color matching game!.
- A fun new puzzle game from the author of Snood!.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Remake of classic Lines game.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Save the Earth from the invasion of relentless intergalactic ch...
- Play as Batman, Robin, or the villains in this Lego superhero d...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Form atoms into squares to make new molecules.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.