CNET Editors' review
When viewing videos created from broadcast television or from certain camcorders, interlaced video can create distortions. With JES Deinterlacer for Mac, you can convert these files to remove these flaws, as well as perform other changes.
JES Deinterlacer for Mac comes free of charge and installs easily. Along with the main program, there are several Readme files that contain information on how to use the program. These instructions and explanations would be welcome for even the average person, since the program itself is not easy to use.
The interface lacks graphics and appears dated. Technical support also does not appear to be one of the program's features. The basic main menu contains options for selecting files and the particulars of the conversion sought. These include frame rate, output format, speed, and aspect ratio, among others. You may also adjust visual aspects like brightness and color level. After selecting a video, the program recognizes and loads it quickly for preferences. In terms of functioning, the video loads and converts as quickly as would be expected and includes all of the changes selected prior to conversion.
While likely too complicated for average users, JES Deinterlacer for Mac's functionality will help those with video conversion experience work with interlaced files.
From JES Software:
JES Deinterlacer deals with interlaced QuickTime movies in many ways: deinterlace, PAL-NTSC conversion, inverse telecine, reinterlace, change field dominance, general standards conversion (change size, frame rate, speed, interlace), crop, shift, simple color correction, recompress, deinterlaced playback using OpenGL (options: full screen, slow motion, loop, play selection only, adjust gamma, recent list, playlists, thumbnail navigation, chapter editor) horizontal flip, vertical flip, skip every nth frame, works seamlessly with QuickTime export size options, accelerated with SSE and Altivec, full nclc/gamma support handles MPEG movies (requires QuickTime MPEG2 playback component and possibly MPEG Streamclip) handles AVCHD (requires utility like VoltaicHD to convert to Photo-JPEG).
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Play FLV videos, including screen video, sorenson H.263, H.264.
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- DVD authoring tool.
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Play Blu-ray movies, 1080p HD video and any other media with a ...
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Video file format converter for Mac inc avi, mov and 3gp.
- Cleans video in various ways.
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- QuickTime menu, chapter & metadata editor.
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Video editor software to edit movies and other videos on a Mac.
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local an...
- Download and convert videos from various websites.
- Join multiple movies into one chapterized movie, bulk export mo...
- Download and process videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, M...
- Convert camcorder AVCHD(.mts,.m2ts) videos.
- DVD-based spec editor.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Cool Set of Features that most programs are lacking"
Version: JES Deinterlacer 3.8.4
Works great on a variety of Macs. From older Power Mac G5 to the latest Intel machines. Simple, Free and just plain works
basic interface, minimal support, but hey, it's free