CNET Editors' review
J and L Financial Planner Professional is a powerful program that allows users to predict how certain financial events will affect them in the future. Although the program is jam-packed with features, its overwhelming interface makes it a little hard to get used to.
The trial version of the program allows users to view a sample account, and the first screen of the interface shows three graphs representing net worth and incoming and outgoing funds. The rest of the interface is cluttered with tabs, buttons, and drop-down menus. Users need to take a deep breath and resign themselves to clicking around and perhaps visiting the built-in Help file. There is a lot going on in this program, but users who take the time to get comfortable will find themselves rewarded with a powerful way to plan for their financial futures. The heart of the program lies in its ability for users to analyze how certain financial events, such as mortgages, credit cards, and investments, will affect them in the future. The program also includes a variety of different calculators and the ability to print reports and view many different types of graphs. The program is definitely complex, and is not made for users seeking simple budgeting or other basic financial planning.
J and L Financial Planner has a 21-day trial period and limits the number of accounts that can be included in the trial version. It installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to intermediate and advanced users who have some experience with financial planning.
From J&L Software:
The top rated J and L Financial Planner is a financial planning software program that allows you to create simple or complex financial scenarios based on financial events through out your life. You create the scenario based on your current financial status and future financial events. The J&L Financial Planner executes your scenario and displays the effects on your net worth through out a selected time program incorporates a Monte Carlo Analysis and Rule 72t.
What's new in this version: Version 16.4 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create your personal retirement plans.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Learn requirements of qualified retirement plans IRA, 403(b), a...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Calculate mortgages and investments and outline the ideal retir...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage your businesses finances, accounts, bookings, and transa...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Develop a savings strategy and plan for retirement.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Keep track of all kinds of payments.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Start planning financial aspects of retirement since age of 20.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Solve financial and geometric problems with a comprehensive cal...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Get a personal scheduling tool that is easy to use.
- Calculate mortgage payments with ease.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.