Intonia is a Pitch Recorder. It is a software intended to help string players visualize intonation. It combines the capabilities of an electronic tuner and a digital recorder. It keeps a memory of what it has heard, and displays pitch on a scrolling graph. You can specify what temperament to use: Equal, Just, or Pythagorean. While it is recording, the display scrolls continuously. Your pitch is displayed as the height of the trace. If you're playing in tune the trace is white, but if you're sharp relative to your chosen scale and temperament, the trace is colored red. If you're flat, the trace is blue. Originally intended simply to show intonation, it turns out to have many other uses: Play a fast passage, and see which notes were out of tune. See intonation in just, Pythagorean, or equal temperament. Tune your instrument. Use as a tape recorder to hear yourself play. Edit your recording using cut and paste. Get instant feedback. Visualize articulations, slides, shifts, vibrato. Analyze historic recordings and other pre-recorded material. Use it for transcription. Works for all string instruments: cello through violin. Works for many other instruments as well. Version 1.2.0 adds online version checking.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.0 adds online version checking.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels worldwide, Justin.tv channe...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Correct deficiencies of room acoustics using multipoint compens...
- Make decisions when it is hard to choose from similar options.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Manage HTPC and play your favorite media from anywhere.
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Predict horse race results with accuracy.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Read Chien Tung divination.
- Draw a random photo or number for a raffle.
- Watch DStv Mobiles DVB-H mobile television broadcast on Windows...
- Manage all records and staff of your small business.
- Search and watch latest movie trailers.
- Manage debts and compute your debt situation.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Transfer music and playlists from iPod to any computer.
- Consolidate all your assignments into one sleek and usable inte...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Rated 5 stars for fiddle also works for musical saw"
Version: Intonia 1.2.0
Does all that the cnet review says it does. It also works well for the musical saw.
I would like for it to be a little easier to change keys. It also doesn't display which key it is set for. You can figure it out by which notes are highlighted if you know music theory.
I have had this product since the middle of July 2009 and my practices have been a lot more productive I believe. At least I practice more than I used to. As it records it shows the time across the display so I can keep track of how long I've been at it.
It catches intonation problems that I didn't know I had but listening back to the recording I can hear it when I see the trace is red or blue instead of white.
I wish it had an option for a visual metronome and maybe an audible click, then it would have about everything you need for practicing.