Intonia is a Pitch Recorder. It is a software intended to help string players visualize intonation. It combines the capabilities of an electronic tuner and a digital recorder. It keeps a memory of what it has heard, and displays pitch on a scrolling graph. You can specify what temperament to use: Equal, Just, or Pythagorean. While it is recording, the display scrolls continuously. Your pitch is displayed as the height of the trace. If you're playing in tune the trace is white, but if you're sharp relative to your chosen scale and temperament, the trace is colored red. If you're flat, the trace is blue. Originally intended simply to show intonation, it turns out to have many other uses: Play a fast passage, and see which notes were out of tune. See intonation in just, Pythagorean, or equal temperament. Tune your instrument. Use as a tape recorder to hear yourself play. Edit your recording using cut and paste. Get instant feedback. Visualize articulations, slides, shifts, vibrato. Analyze historic recordings and other pre-recorded material. Use it for transcription. Works for all string instruments: cello through violin. Works for many other instruments as well. Version 1.2.0 adds online version checking.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.0 adds online version checking.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Schedule your tweets and send them any time you want to.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Consolidate all your assignments into one sleek and usable inte...
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
- Drag and drop your way to comic books.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Schedule your sports league games.
- Reduce the high cost of grocery trips.
- Find and play Internet video.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Rated 5 stars for fiddle also works for musical saw"
Version: Intonia 1.2.0
Does all that the cnet review says it does. It also works well for the musical saw.
I would like for it to be a little easier to change keys. It also doesn't display which key it is set for. You can figure it out by which notes are highlighted if you know music theory.
I have had this product since the middle of July 2009 and my practices have been a lot more productive I believe. At least I practice more than I used to. As it records it shows the time across the display so I can keep track of how long I've been at it.
It catches intonation problems that I didn't know I had but listening back to the recording I can hear it when I see the trace is red or blue instead of white.
I wish it had an option for a visual metronome and maybe an audible click, then it would have about everything you need for practicing.