CNET Editors' review
The name might not be the most creative, but the Internet Download Manager does exactly what it promises: helps you download and organize files. The best part is that you can schedule downloads and use filters to get the specific files you want.
The compact interface is packed with options, but the main features are easily accessed from a toolbar at the top. We would have liked to see a bit more user guidance up front, but a tutorial does cover the basics, and there is a more detailed Help file if you get stuck. You can also go the easier route with the program's integrated Web browser options, which work with nearly all of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer and Firefox. Each time the program recognizes a video in FLV format on a site like YouTube, you'll see a button, and it's one click and you're off and running. From the main interface, all you have to do is add the URL for a video to get started. A new window shows you the status and allows you to pause the recording and set up a few options for what to do with the file once the download completes. As advertised, the speed was good and we didn't have any issues with test files we downloaded, which included MP3s, FLVs, and MPEGs. Our favorite feature was the scheduler, which was easy to set up and lets you choose where and when the program will download files. We especially liked the fact that if you lose your Internet connection, the program will resume downloading your selected or scheduled files once everything's up and running again.
The download and installation of IDM was easy and fast, and it uninstalled cleanly. If you're looking for a program that you can basically set and forget to video downloads, this is a good option.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Internet Download Manager 6.12 build 15.Internet Download Manager - Speed up your downloads - Download Video Previews:
Internet Download Manager is a tool for increasing download speeds by up to 5 times, and for resuming, scheduling, and organizing downloads. The program will resume unfinished downloads due to network problems, or unexpected power outages. The program features a full-fledged site grabber that downloads files that are specified with filters, for example, all pictures from a Web site, different parts of Web sites, or complete Web sites for offline browsing. The program supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and MMS protocols, and has an adaptive download accelerator for MP3 audio, FLV and MPEG video files. The program also features Download Video and Audio Panels for Internet Exporer, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers that appears on top of a web-player and can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Videos.
What's new in this version: This version adds support for Firefox 23 and Seamonkey 2.18.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download Youtube videos with ease.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Search YouTube videos and download them with ease.
- Download video files from various video-streaming sites using M...
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Download video and audio files from YouTube and convert them to...
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Search and download YouTube videos.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Download videos from youtube with your Firefox browser.
- Download Youtube clips at high speed with multithreading techno...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1,808 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great from what I can see"
Version: Internet Download Manager 6.15 build 12
Does exactly what it claims and does it very well. Didn't try to install any and hasn't installed any add on software as far as I can tell. One specific file I was downloading said estimated time 30 mins downloading at 404kb. Downloaded this and it went up to 1.9 mbps with an estimated time of 6 mins.
None so far
"""Oh Yeah I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT"""
Version: Internet Download Manager 6.15 build 12
FAST FAST FAST Did I say that it was FAST. Keep it up. I have gotten 1 MbPs. I downloaded a 7 hr seminar in less than an hour .I am amazed. Thank you for a High Quality product.
None that I have encountered.
WOW Great job IDM.