CNET Editors' review
It's possible to customize your Windows log-on screen, but not convenient. InstantLogonChanger is a small, simple, free tool that lets you use any image or solid color as your log-on screen background without requiring special privileges or badgering you with security prompts. You can set it to present your corporate logo or message on startup as well as on the desktop. It handles JPG, GIF, BMP, PGN, and TIFF images. InstantLogonChanger improves on Windows as well as the competition not only by making it easy to change your log-on screen background but also by enabling you to fill, fit, tile, stretch, and center your image on both standard and wide-screen monitors.
A small, square dialog box serves as both main interface and settings sheet for InstantLogonChanger. You can open this interface from the program's optional system tray icon. The first of the tool's three tabs is labeled Logon Background, and it offers four choices: your current wallpaper, another image, a solid color, or to restore the default background. The Settings tab has an option to hide the tray icon and check for updates manually or automatically. The About tab contains the freeware's EULA.
We started by unchecking the box that tells InstantLogonChanger to always use our desktop wallpaper as our log-on screen background and browsed to one of our own images. Selecting the image opened it in a preview window. The Image position control let us fit our image properly, and we could also change the background color. When our log-on screen looked like we expected it to, we clicked OK. A pop-up notified us that the operation was a success and that moving the image from its current home wouldn't affect our log-on screen. As soon as we rebooted we could see that the job had been done. Little things make a difference, and being able to log on to Windows with a background screen of our own devising certainly qualifies as one such. Even if you only see the log-on screen briefly, it's still your time and your space. InstantLogonChanger can help you claim it.
From Arturs Sits:
With InstantLogonChanger always have your Windows 7 logon background the same as your Desktop wallpaper or set it to any other image or color without any security prompts or changing system files. JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, or TIFF image formats are supported. You can fill, fit, stretch, tile, or center your image and change background color for images that are too small to fit the screen. Made with a business user in mind, InstantLogonChanger allows you to disable all of it's notifications, such as update alerts, by enabling Hide InstantLogonChanger tray icon setting. InstantLogonChanger also automatically adjusts logon screen text and button color so they're better visible no matter what image is used as a logon background.
More Products to Consider
- Display your Windows 7 logon background the same as your deskto...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Customize the logon screen background on Windows 7.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Changes login screen in Windows 7.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Select and set different wallpapers for PC.
- Enjoy the brightly colored animations, that dance gently like w...
- Enjoy three stunning animations that reflect the world of Magic...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Enjoy all the beauty of spring with the background music of Viv...
- Screen saver with 20 sunsets, animals, flowers, mountains & oth...
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- View current time and day of week on your screen.
- Enjoy the beauty of nature and waterfall scenery on your deskto...
- Apply special and artistic effects to medium sized JPEG images.
- Place NBA stars on your desktop.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1