CNET Editors' review
It's possible to customize your Windows log-on screen, but not convenient. InstantLogonChanger is a small, simple, free tool that lets you use any image or solid color as your log-on screen background without requiring special privileges or badgering you with security prompts. You can set it to present your corporate logo or message on startup as well as on the desktop. It handles JPG, GIF, BMP, PGN, and TIFF images. InstantLogonChanger improves on Windows as well as the competition not only by making it easy to change your log-on screen background but also by enabling you to fill, fit, tile, stretch, and center your image on both standard and wide-screen monitors.
A small, square dialog box serves as both main interface and settings sheet for InstantLogonChanger. You can open this interface from the program's optional system tray icon. The first of the tool's three tabs is labeled Logon Background, and it offers four choices: your current wallpaper, another image, a solid color, or to restore the default background. The Settings tab has an option to hide the tray icon and check for updates manually or automatically. The About tab contains the freeware's EULA.
We started by unchecking the box that tells InstantLogonChanger to always use our desktop wallpaper as our log-on screen background and browsed to one of our own images. Selecting the image opened it in a preview window. The Image position control let us fit our image properly, and we could also change the background color. When our log-on screen looked like we expected it to, we clicked OK. A pop-up notified us that the operation was a success and that moving the image from its current home wouldn't affect our log-on screen. As soon as we rebooted we could see that the job had been done. Little things make a difference, and being able to log on to Windows with a background screen of our own devising certainly qualifies as one such. Even if you only see the log-on screen briefly, it's still your time and your space. InstantLogonChanger can help you claim it.
From Arturs Sits:
With InstantLogonChanger always have your Windows 7 logon background the same as your Desktop wallpaper or set it to any other image or color without any security prompts or changing system files. JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, or TIFF image formats are supported. You can fill, fit, stretch, tile, or center your image and change background color for images that are too small to fit the screen. Made with a business user in mind, InstantLogonChanger allows you to disable all of it's notifications, such as update alerts, by enabling Hide InstantLogonChanger tray icon setting. InstantLogonChanger also automatically adjusts logon screen text and button color so they're better visible no matter what image is used as a logon background.
More Products to Consider
- Display your Windows 7 logon background the same as your deskto...
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Customize the logon screen background on Windows 7.
- Capture screenshots on your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Watch the tennis balls as they bounce on your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Place a wallpaper of two white tigers in your desktop.
- Practice math facts and play 6 fun and challenging math games.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Challenge yourself in a mysterious game of mahjongg.
- Scroll a background image.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Watch the ice hockey pucks as they bounce on your desktop.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Changes login screen in Windows 7.
- Watch the bouncing balls in a football field on your desktop.
- Change your desktop background with high-quality anime wallpape...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1