ImageJ is a public domain Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs, either as an online applet or as a downloadable application, on any computer with a Java 1.1 or later virtual machine. It can display, edit, analyze, process, save and print 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit images. It can read many image formats including TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DICOM, FITS and "raw". It supports "stacks", a series of images that share a single window. It is multithreaded, so time-consuming operations such as image file reading can be performed in parallel with other operations. It can calculate area and pixel value statistics of user-defined selections. It can measure distances and angles. It can create density histograms and line profile plots. It supports standard image processing functions such as contrast manipulation, sharpening, smoothing, edge detection and median filtering. It does geometric transformations such as scaling, rotation and flips. Image can be zoomed up to 32:1 and down to 1:32. All analysis and processing functions are available at any magnification factor. The program supports any number of windows (images) simultaneously, limited only by available memory. Spatial calibration is available to provide real world dimensional measurements in units such as millimeters. Density or gray scale calibration is also available.
What's new in this version:
- Thanks to Johannes Schindelin, added the Window>Main Window [return] menu command. On Windows, the command is Main Window [enter].
- Thanks to Philippe Gendre, added a "Marker size:" menu to the Edit>Options>Point Tool dialog box. The choices are "Tiny", "Small" (the default), "Mediam" and "Large".
- Thanks to Jeremy Sword, added a "Zero transparent" option to the Edit>Selection>Image to Selection and Image>Overlay>Add Image commands.
- The recorder no longer records de... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Run Campfire on OS X.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Process images and develop Java applications.
- Create dialogs for Perl, Python, AppleScript, Shell.
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Detects duplicates, thumbnails, thumbnails of faces, missing ph...
- Image effects creation and photo editing software.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: