ImageJ is a public domain Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs, either as an online applet or as a downloadable application, on any computer with a Java 1.1 or later virtual machine. It can display, edit, analyze, process, save and print 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit images. It can read many image formats including TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DICOM, FITS and "raw". It supports "stacks", a series of images that share a single window. It is multithreaded, so time-consuming operations such as image file reading can be performed in parallel with other operations. It can calculate area and pixel value statistics of user-defined selections. It can measure distances and angles. It can create density histograms and line profile plots. It supports standard image processing functions such as contrast manipulation, sharpening, smoothing, edge detection and median filtering. It does geometric transformations such as scaling, rotation and flips. Image can be zoomed up to 32:1 and down to 1:32. All analysis and processing functions are available at any magnification factor. The program supports any number of windows (images) simultaneously, limited only by available memory. Spatial calibration is available to provide real world dimensional measurements in units such as millimeters. Density or gray scale calibration is also available.
What's new in this version:
- Added the Image>Stacks>Tools>Set Label command.
- Thanks to Stephan Saalfeld, fixed a bug that caused the width and height of selections to be capped at 99999.
- Thanks to Burri Olivier and Michael Schmid, fixed a bug that caused Analyze>Distribution to not work with ranges containing negative numbers.
- Thanks to Abed Alnaif, fixed a bug that caused Analyze>Plot Profile to sometimes not work correctly with wide segmented line selections.
- Thanks to Brian Bar... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Create web photo albums with slideshows of your images.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Process images and develop Java applications.
- Run Campfire on OS X.
- Creates 2D line and scatter plots.
- Split, combine, reorder PDFs; overlay/edit images/text in PDFs.
- Side by side image viewer.
- Find and remove all your duplicate photos and videos, making yo...
- Generate Mandelbrot Fractals.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: