CNET Editors' review
There are photo-editing programs for all types of users, from the neophyte who simply needs to crop and resize to the hardcore photo geek who gets her kicks messing with editing algorithms. Image Analyzer is definitely for the photo geek; although it has many of the basic editing tools that would be expected of any such program, what makes it unique is an array of features that might flummox even more advanced users.
The program's interface is plain, with a set of menus and a toolbar across the top of the screen. The typical photo-editing tools are here; you can perform color corrections, sharpen and blur, crop and resize, apply various filters, and so on. Image Analyzer also has tools for cloning, warping, and spot healing, which we don't always see in basic image editing programs. What really sets Image Analyzer apart from the competition--for better or worse--is its more obscure features. Do you know what a discrete cosine transform is? A Lapp filter? Statistical image enhancement? If not, you'd better be prepared to experiment, because Image Analyzer isn't going to offer any guidance. The program comes with both built-in and online Help files, but they are vague and incomplete, entirely omitting many of the more unusual features. From what we could tell Image Analyzer seemed to work just fine, but the lack of documentation about these higher-level features is a significant drawback, making the program less desirable.
Image Analyzer installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to advanced users and intrepid beginners.
Advanced image editing, enhancement and analysis software. The program contains both most image enhancement features found in conventional image editors plus a number of advanced features not even available in professional photo suites.
What's new in this version: Version 1.34 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit and enhance your digital photos.
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, enhance, share, and archive your photos.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Enhance your digital photos with a set of filters and effects i...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Browse, view, edit, and convert digital images and other multim...
- Edit and improve your digital photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Manage and edit images and apply various filters.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Enhance your digital pictures with cool effects.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit, retouch, and copy image files from one platform to anothe...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 24 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content