CNET Editors' review
ImBatch processes, edits, and converts image files in batches or individually. This easy-to-use freeware also adds watermarks, edits EXIF data, and runs scripts, too. It handles more than 30 image formats; not just common formats like JPEG, GIF, and TIFF but also FAX, G3N, G3F, XIF, ICB, WDP, and other uncommon formats. You can create, save, and load Tasks to process large batches using the same settings. Recent updates include Windows 8 readiness and improvements to the watermarking and crop tools.
With its dark gray tones and highlights, ImBatch's user interface resembles a media player; a nice change from gray Explorer boxes. The interface is split down the center between a file list with thumbnails, a drag-and-drop panel, and optional preview pane on the left, and a Task panel on the right. Toggling on the Preview Pane feature not only displays a preview thumbnail but also a larger pop-up preview. The Configuration button opened a tabbed settings sheet offering skins and more, but we didn't see a Help file on the interface. We did find a Help folder with a well-illustrated, PDF-based Quick Start guide in ImBatch's Program folder, though. But it's not difficult to just start using ImBatch, which is what we did. We tested the waters by rounding the corners on a single image, which involved loading an image and creating a Task, including selecting width and height of the rounding in pixels. We could save output files as individual images or add them to PDFs, too. When we were ready, we pressed the big "Start" arrow, and ImBatch processed our image quickly. Next we added a folder and created some more complex Tasks (more than 20 are possible, including Resize, Grayscale, Soft Shadow, Frame, Watermark, Watermark Text, and Set and Remove EXIF/IPTC Tag) and again ImBatch rose to the occasion.
We've tried lots of freeware image processing tools, and most of them do a decent job. ImBatch is a bit nicer than many we've seen, and it has plenty of options without overwhelming less-experienced users. If you're looking for a reliable batch image processor, check out ImBatch.
From High Motion Software:
ImBatch is a FREE batch image processor with a nice graphical user interface. It will allow you to edit multiple image files at the click of a button by using scripts. The script will be created by combining Tasks. ImBatch can batch resize and convert images in minutes instead of hours or days if you do it manually. It handles all popular image formats: BMP, DIB, RLE, TIF, TIFF, FAX, G3N, G3F, XIF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, JPE, JIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TARGA, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX, PXM, PPM, PGM, PBM, WBMP, JP2, J2K, JPC, J2C, DCX, DAT, PSD, WDP, HDP.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0:
- Added ImageMonitor
- Added ContextMenuEditor
- Added saving/loading of last session
- Added ability to load saved tasks (BSV file) with drag'n'drop operation
- Added task AutoEnhance 1
- Added task AutoEnhance 2
- Now tasks are separated by categories
- Changed dialog to add new task
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert and process image files using scripts.
- Resize batches of your image files for HTML pages.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Quickly convert and resize images in more than 20 image formats...
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Rotate your images under any angle and save the result.
- Record, edit, and convert audio files.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Convert images to other formats, resize, rotate, crop, add wate...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- View, edit, resize, convert, and share your digital photos.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Powerful batch image processor!"
Version: ImBatch 1.6
I was amazed, so many batch tasks are available and the program is free! I can combine several tasks and run them in one go over the group of images.
not found after several days of use
Great tool for the ones who have many images to process with the similar operations
"Its Okay, nothing special or flashy"
Version: ImBatch 1.6
Handled my large amount of photos rather quickly , barely a hassle to do so, no slowdown or significant performance drop in my computer.
That interface has to go! Its the most unorganized piece of crud I've ever worked with. Sometimes I have to double check to make sure I have the right setting to work with. Configuration does not offer much in the way of customization in my opinion. Should be skinnable.
Version: ImBatch 1.6
This is a capable program but illustrates why I dislike a lot of Windows software. What is up with this interface? Ugly and non-standard so it went in the bin.
"Perfect software for image processing!"
Version: ImBatch 1.3
it can process several tasks at the same time! For example, I've resized and stamped my photos with watermark in one go.
Not found at the time
highly recommended software for those who need to process a bunch of images with the same task
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content