CNET Editors' review
ImBatch processes, edits, and converts image files in batches or individually. This easy-to-use freeware also adds watermarks, edits EXIF data, and runs scripts, too. It handles more than 30 image formats; not just common formats like JPEG, GIF, and TIFF but also FAX, G3N, G3F, XIF, ICB, WDP, and other uncommon formats. You can create, save, and load Tasks to process large batches using the same settings. Recent updates include Windows 8 readiness and improvements to the watermarking and crop tools.
With its dark gray tones and highlights, ImBatch's user interface resembles a media player; a nice change from gray Explorer boxes. The interface is split down the center between a file list with thumbnails, a drag-and-drop panel, and optional preview pane on the left, and a Task panel on the right. Toggling on the Preview Pane feature not only displays a preview thumbnail but also a larger pop-up preview. The Configuration button opened a tabbed settings sheet offering skins and more, but we didn't see a Help file on the interface. We did find a Help folder with a well-illustrated, PDF-based Quick Start guide in ImBatch's Program folder, though. But it's not difficult to just start using ImBatch, which is what we did. We tested the waters by rounding the corners on a single image, which involved loading an image and creating a Task, including selecting width and height of the rounding in pixels. We could save output files as individual images or add them to PDFs, too. When we were ready, we pressed the big "Start" arrow, and ImBatch processed our image quickly. Next we added a folder and created some more complex Tasks (more than 20 are possible, including Resize, Grayscale, Soft Shadow, Frame, Watermark, Watermark Text, and Set and Remove EXIF/IPTC Tag) and again ImBatch rose to the occasion.
We've tried lots of freeware image processing tools, and most of them do a decent job. ImBatch is a bit nicer than many we've seen, and it has plenty of options without overwhelming less-experienced users. If you're looking for a reliable batch image processor, check out ImBatch.
From High Motion Software:
ImBatch is a FREE batch image processor with a nice graphical user interface. It will allow you to edit multiple image files at the click of a button by using scripts. The script will be created by combining Tasks. ImBatch can batch resize and convert images in minutes instead of hours or days if you do it manually. It handles all popular image formats: BMP, DIB, RLE, TIF, TIFF, FAX, G3N, G3F, XIF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, JPE, JIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TARGA, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX, PXM, PPM, PGM, PBM, WBMP, JP2, J2K, JPC, J2C, DCX, DAT, PSD, WDP, HDP.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3:
- Added task Invert
- Significantly accelerated loading of images
- Significantly accelerated processing of Frame task
- Significantly accelerated processing of images in Preview window in Fit mode
- Now sizes of main window and panels are automatically saved and restored
- Panels resized proportionally to main window size
- Some changes in EXIF/IPTC Editor GUI
- Some changes in Image Monitor GUI
- Many small f... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Sweep out old registries, repair structural errors, and recover...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Remove unwanted bloatware, toolbars, and trialware from your co...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Manage extensive digital music and video collections, tag, sync...
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Powerful batch image processor!"
Version: ImBatch 1.6
I was amazed, so many batch tasks are available and the program is free! I can combine several tasks and run them in one go over the group of images.
not found after several days of use
Great tool for the ones who have many images to process with the similar operations
"Its Okay, nothing special or flashy"
Version: ImBatch 1.6
Handled my large amount of photos rather quickly , barely a hassle to do so, no slowdown or significant performance drop in my computer.
That interface has to go! Its the most unorganized piece of crud I've ever worked with. Sometimes I have to double check to make sure I have the right setting to work with. Configuration does not offer much in the way of customization in my opinion. Should be skinnable.
Version: ImBatch 1.6
This is a capable program but illustrates why I dislike a lot of Windows software. What is up with this interface? Ugly and non-standard so it went in the bin.
"Perfect software for image processing!"
Version: ImBatch 1.3
it can process several tasks at the same time! For example, I've resized and stamped my photos with watermark in one go.
Not found at the time
highly recommended software for those who need to process a bunch of images with the same task
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content