Editors' Note: The Download Now link will direct you to a form on the developer's site that you must fill out before download.
IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac offers in-depth analysis of data and provides suggestions and reports based on the given criteria. This premium product comes with a free trial and features extremely powerful data analysis tools. On the downside, the user interface is poorly designed, with an overabundance of options, which may overwhelm the casual user.
Powerful capabilities: After you input your variables into IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac, you can perform complex analysis, including actions such as changing all variables to meet a certain goal, or in the case of direct marketing, identify clients who are most likely to buy your product or the general geographic area that sees the most purchases. Other analysis types include correlation, forecast, regression, and classification in clusters.
Add-ons support: The app's core functionality is enhanced by add-ons such as text analysis for surveys and data collection.
Excellent output options: When it comes to saving your work, you can either export your entire database, or save the data, itself, as one of more than 30 formats, including Microsoft Excel.
Lengthy setup: In order to install IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac, you need to register and create your own IBM ID and install Java and Python.
If you run a company and need software to help you make the most informed decisions, a product like IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac can be worth its weight in gold. Although it may be overwhelming at first, the app easily handles multivariable decisions. If, on the other hand, you don't need this much analytical potential, a more basic offering like Excel's Solver might be a better fit.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac 19.
Solve business and research problems using SPSS for Mac OS X. Designed to run on your Mac, this data analysis and data management package enables you to uncover key facts, patterns, and trends. With this release, you'll have access to a host of new capabilities while still enjoying the familiar features of the Mac platform. You can use SPSS for Mac OS X in a variety of areas, including:
- Survey and market research and direct marketing
- Academia and instruction
- Medical, scientific, clinical, and social services research
- Administrative research, human resources, and resource planning
- Planning and forecasting
- Quality improvement
- Reporting and ad hoc decision making
What's new in this version:
- New offerings
- The IBM SPSS Bootstrapping module will make it easy for analysts to use this valuable technique
- The IBM SPSS Direct Marketing module will enable marketers to run key analyses on their own
- A new product, IBM SPSS Statistics Developer, will make it easy to work with R and share procedures with others
- Improved automation
- The Automated Data Preparation feature (in IBM SPSS Data Preparation) detects and corrects quality e... See all new features »