CNET Editors' review
HoverZoom Safari Extension for Mac lets you easily zoom in on photos and profile pictures on your favorite social networks by simply hovering over them. If you are tired of constantly clicking on thumbnails and find the process for enlarging photos on social networks cumbersome, then you'll appreciate this extension.
The application operates as a Safari extension and installs well into the browser. After reloading any open Web pages, HoverZoom Safari Extension for Mac starts to work in the background on its own. The overall preferences menu contains several options. These include changing how the extension zooms in, whether by simply hovering, or by also clicking certain keystrokes. Users can also control the lag time before the zoom occurs. Activating hot keys zooms in even further to images. Users can also blacklist certain sites from the program, or restrict the add-on's use only to secure sites. When testing on social networks, the extension does work well and takes steps out of enlarging images. This would provide help for users who scan through a large number of Facebook posts or photos on Flickr.
HoverZoom Safari Extension for Mac integrates well into the browser and functions adequately. This add-on will particularly be useful for users who frequently go through many photos on social networks.
From Side Tree Software:
HoverZoom, a Safari 5 Extension. Hover your mouse over images to zoom-in profile pictures and other photos. Browse the web more efficiently by avoiding needlessly leaving the page. Support for Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Picasa, Twitter, Digg, Amazon, PhotoBucket, Imgur and many more. Note: Images are only zoomed if a larger version is detected.
What's new in this version:
- New in 1.5
- Added: Puush.me (Puu.sh), LiveMeme.com
- New: Support links to image galleries on Imgur.com and Flickr.com (Use arrow keys to navigate, Option-Space to see all images in the gallery)
- New: Support links to photo pages on Flickr
- New: Viewer now resizes as soon as possible instead of waiting for loading to complete
- Fixed: Pinterest.com
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Web browser.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Instagram client with a minimal footprint.
- Easy-to-use batch image editor.
- Share unlimited photos in an instant and invite others to colla...
- Customize images with a variety of watermarking options.
- Clean and intuitive Tumblr client.
- Index your images as HTML thumbnail pages.
- Photo editor to crop, resize, optimize pics with a few clicks.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content