CNET Editors' review
There are all kinds of tools out there for budgeting, from Web sites that connect to your bank account to the old-fashioned envelope method. Household Budget Worksheet falls somewhere in the middle, bringing some useful features to the familiar format of a spreadsheet. We think this is a great choice for anyone who needs a simple way to keep track of their spending.
Household Budget Worksheet is simply an Excel spreadsheet, and it opened in Excel with no problems. The spreadsheet had a professional-looking format with helpful built-in instructions. We really liked it that the spreadsheet lets users enter both the budgeted amount and amounts spent and then calculates the difference, making it easy to see where your budget's getting blown. There's space to enter income from wages, investments, and other sources, as well as a quite thorough list of expenses. Expense categories include home, daily living, transportation, entertainment, health, recreation, insurance, obligations and savings, education, vacation, subscriptions, children, business, pets, and miscellaneous. We appreciated the fact that Household Budget Worksheet was so thorough in its categories and also left room for users to add their own. We also liked the fact that the spreadsheet has a built-in bar graph that displays budgeted and actual spending for each category.
Overall, we think that Household Budget Worksheet is about as good as it gets when it comes to budgeting spreadsheets; it looks good and has meaningful tools to help you monitor your spending. We recommend it.
The Monthly Household Budget Worksheet is a simple Microsoft Excel spreadsheet contains detailed list of budget categories and items specifically designed for a family or household budgeting. Unlike other monthly budget templates that usually only offer to create a budget, this particular one is designed to allow you to compare your Projected Budget with your Actual Expenses and Income. There are few features that make this spreadsheet unique and stand out of the crowd. First of all is the use of conditional formatting to highlight cells with negative values in red (meaning bad) or green if positive (good). Formulas in the "Difference" column are designed in a way to return negative amounts when your Actual Spendings exceeded your Budget. The Difference will also be negative when your Actual income is less then your Projected income. The Monthly Budget Summary table totals up your income and expenses and also calculates the NET amount as income less expense. We've also included additional cell (for avid savers) to use for recording balance of the previous month that you like to carry forward (whether it is negative or positive) unless of course you've transferred these amounts to your savings already and prefer to start a new month with 0 balance. If the NET has a negative value means that you've overspent your monthly budget. Monthly Budget Chart. The household budget template contains bar chart which helps to visually present totals taken from every budget category for both "Budget" and "Actual" columns.
More Products to Consider
- Keep track of your weekly expenses using spreadsheet for Micros...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Manage your home budget or small business information.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- View the household budget and check your checkbook balance.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize and manage your personal finances.
- Keep in touch with your expenses by organizing your personal bu...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Manage your home finances, budget, and credit cards activities.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Create models using the pre-drawn shapes.
- Create a budget, monitor spending, record transactions for mult...