Editors' Note: Download.com has chosen not to provide a direct-download link for this product and offers this page for informational purposes only.
Hebrew-Russian - 25 943
Russian-Hebrew - 25 455
It is based on SlovoEd dictionary engine for all devices with Palm OS 3.1 and higher. It has convenient interface and unique data compression technology. Dictionary runs fast and effectively despite the high data compression ratio. The program also includes a resident module that allows you to translate words without switching between applications (except Handspring Treo devices with hardware keyboard).
- Resident module that allows you to translate words from within the currently active application: just select the word and start the resident module (except Handspring Treo devices with hardware keyboard).
- The possibility to add new entries, remove and edit existing entries using powerful built-in editor.
- The possibility to activate/deactivate all changes of entries and synchronize changes with desktop computer.
- Complete selection functionality - you can select any words from translation field!
- User Manual are available in Russian, English and Hebrew.
- Automatic dictionary switching to the language of inputed symbol.
- A number of user defined preferences that make the program very flexible (for example, changeable font size in translation field in order to see more entries).
- Availability to install several dictionaries at the same time (for example, Hebrew-Russian and Hebrew-English). Complete list of different databases is avalable here.
- High-quality dictionary databases specially adapted for using on Palm OS based devices.
- Possibility to install to expansion cards (Memory Stick, Compact Flash, Secure Digital, MMC).
- Free of charge automatic update service.
"SlovoEd dictionaries by Paragon Software (SHDD) are shining examples of well-developed software applications for Palm OS that incorporate classic "Zen of Palm OS" design philosophy so seamlessly, it is sometimes difficult for users to tell where they end and the Palm OS begins." Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Attention: this dictionary requires Hebrew & Russian PiLocs (version 2.25 (for Palm OS 3.0-4.1) or 3.4 (for Palm OS 5.0-5.2)) localization kit to be installed (to display correctly Hebrew & Russian characters).
What's new in this version:
New to 4.13 version:
- Possibility of learning words using "Word of Day" and "Flash Cards Quiz" features.
- Several color schemes for dictionary interface are now available.
- Resident module is now available for Palm OS 5.0-5.2 based devices.