CNET Editors' review
HandBrake is a free application for converting all types of videos into MPEG-4 files. You might be overwhelmed by the busy interface and numerous options, but once you get started, you'll find that HandBrake offers features that will help any user get up to speed quickly.
HandBrake's interface holds all the tools you need but the wide variety of options can confuse users -- especially beginners. We quickly found that the program's preset options were the quickest and easiest way to convert files. In fact, the moment you find the Presets tab, you'll find the best connection between yourself and HandBrake. Video conversion becomes simple; you just need to select the device you want the video optimized for, and the fun begins.
As soon as you have selected the file you want to optimize for, let's say, your iPad, HandBrake does its job quickly -- depending, of course, on your computer and the file size. The downside is that this great open-source tool will likely have you glued you in front of your computer since you may be tempted to optimize all your existing DVDs for your mobile devices.
Overall, HandBrake worked very well converting files. It may not be the best choice for novice users, but more experienced users will find it to be a handy addition to their Mac toolbox.HandBrake for Mac - Create DVDs on OSX - Download Video Previews:
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
HandBrake is a video transcoder that takes your movies and transfers them to a format that's useful on your computers, media centers, and portable electronic devices. It converts most any video formats to a handful of modern ones.
What's new in this version: See https://trac.handbrake.fr/milestone/HandBrake%200.9.9.
More Products to Consider
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Simple, straightforward disc burner, with advanced options for ...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Convert your videos simple and easy.
- Transfer movies from DVD to your Mac.
- Rip DVD to all video and audio formats, iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP...
- Burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs on your Mac.
- Digital video editing system.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Grab screenshots from your video files.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 143 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A United Nations of Multimedia Management"
Version: HandBrake 0.9.9
An indispensible application for those blitzed with a plethora of media formats.
The destination spec options in this version are much better than the ancient version I had.
None I can think of.
"A godsend for converting those 'old DVD's" !!"
Version: HandBrake 0.9.9
Does exactly what it's required to do, aid's DVD conversions. I can't say any more than that. Luvely, thank you guys. Regards Bri T.
For me as a Mac User, There Are None. Regs.