CNET Editors' review
Halo 3 Screensaver (GloryShotSS) allows users to relive their favorite Halo 3 moments over and over again on their desktop. Although we think this is a pretty cool idea, the program's interface leaves a lot to be desired.
Each time we started the screensaver from our computer's Display Properties, a screen popped up asking us to register the program and showing us how many uses we had left. We'd click Continue, then adjust the settings, and then the same box would pop up again, showing one less trial use left, even though we hadn't run the screensaver. The whole thing was annoying and unintuitive, and we wish the creators had found some other way to handle this function. The program's settings allow users to control the speed of the screenshots and how many times each one is displayed before moving on to the next one. Although the program comes with several animated screenshots, the whole point of the program is that it allows users to save their own favorite Halo 3 screenshots and use them in the screensaver. Users simply go to the program's settings, select the folder that contains that screenshot, and relive their moments of glory all over again. Overall, the program isn't bad, and the fact that it lets users make screensavers from their own screenshots is pretty unique. We just wish the interface were a little easier to deal with.
Halo 3 Screensaver has a two-day/100-use trial. It installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users seeking a personalized Halo 3 screensaver.
From Glorified Goods:
Halo 3 Screensaver (GloryShotSS) is the ultimate custom screensaver download and is like an engine that brings your Halo 3 screenshots to life on your PC as a screensaver. GloryShotSS is different from static slideshow screensavers and even other Halo 3 screensavers because it is designed to be dynamic by using your hi-res screenshots instead of a few low-res static images.
Version 1.6 has improved stability, support for making your own news, and 1337 filter.
What's new in this version: Version 1.6 has improved stability, support for making your own news, and 1337 filter.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Bring the beauty of African Serengeti wild life to your monitor...
- Bring underwater world to your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Find multiplayer gaming sessions on the net.
- Watch breathtaking animated waterfall with eagles soaring above...
- Defend your castle from the many creatures and enemies in Mario...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Display a golden spinning cross with reflecting colors.
- Keep track of when and where your friends are playing online PC...
- Decorate your desktop with a Veep TV show screensaver.
- Get the PC client for the online gaming service.
- Display full-screen fractals on your desktop.
- Decorate your desktop with a balls screensaver.
- Search the Internet for torrent files, and download and upload ...
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Get the Halloween mood with the Haunted House 3D Screensaver.
- Decorate your desktop with a West Wing TV show screensaver.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Pretty cool, but I just downloaded a 1.3 version"
Version: Halo 3 Screensaver (GloryShotSS) 1.2
The 1.3 version has a few cool features like it allows 100 images per set. I also grabbed a few of the add-ons from these guys so I have a nice collection now, but am adding my own which costs me nothing more. Its like a screensaver of the month club, but I can add them forever and as fast as I want to. Cool idea and cheap for what you get.
"Cool idea and really nice screensaver"
Version: Halo 3 Screensaver (GloryShotSS) 1.2
The ability to add my own game play scenes and use other sources makes it cooler. RSS feed and keyboard interactions make it unique. Way better than a typical slideshow because you can control the sequence. I made one image set out of pictures of my dog. Set this up like an animated sequence which turned out nice.
No complaints really, but I was surprized by the size of it, but it was mostly the included content samples.