CNET Editors' review
We approach most digital photo software with a healthy dose of skepticism, because many of these programs end up being more trouble than they're worth, with confusing interfaces and mediocre results. We're pleased to announce that that is not the case with HTTPhotos. This is one of the easiest ways we've come across to create attractive, professional-looking slideshows, and users can host their slideshows--of up to 100 images--on the Internet for free. What's not to love?
HTTPhotos has a sleek and intuitive interface, with each step in the slideshow process arranged in tabs. In the first tab, users select the images they want to include, either by choosing individual images from a folder or importing an entire directory of images at once. The second tab includes tools for touching up each image in the slideshow, including sliders for brightness and contrast, a cropping tool, and a handful of effects such as blurring, sharpening, and conversion to black and white. In the third tab, users choose from six slideshow templates; there's one HTML template, one Java template, and four Flash templates, and all of them are attractive and easy to navigate. In the final tab, users can either save the slideshow to their hard drive or upload it to the Internet using their DigicamSoft account. We didn't have an account, but it was easy and free to create one that will host up to 100 images; users can host up to 10,000 images for a modest annual fee. The program doesn't come with much in the way of documentation, but it's easy enough to figure out without a Help file. Overall, we were quite impressed with HTTPhotos; it's definitely one of the easiest ways to create great-looking slideshows that we've seen.
HTTPhotos installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a Start menu item and a folder behind upon removal.
Create web photo galleries from your picture selection and your template customization. HTTPhotos embeds web templates and background textures, no third party plugins required. Import photos straight from memory card, CDROM or hard drive, they will be displayed as thumbnails you can reorganize by drag'n drop. Imported photos are read only and are never edited since HTTPhotos works on copies. Rate or exclude photos for faster selection. Photos are auto-rotated according to the orientation from EXIF data. Basic editor capability to adjust luminosity, contrast, crop, add captions. Select templates, colors, texture, with instant preview. Smart browser preview: doesn't process photos already processed. Add watermark with copyright. Build a homepage referencing all the galleries. Generated web pages follow HTML 4.01 strict specifications. Photos are scaled using a lossless jpeg decompression and a bilinear filter. Very lightweight, fast start-up.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1 brings homepage customization.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create online album for viewing images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create and share your photo album with videos, animations, soun...
- Take your photos out of the box and on to a map.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Display your digital photos in a 3D photo album, virtual art ga...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Display photo albums and slideshows on your own Web site.
- Organize your photos in rich albums that contain both photos an...
- Build web HTML image, photo albums, or video galleries.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and add a photo gallery to your Web site.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Risk free - Gallery Software"
Version: HTTPhotos 2.9
When launched, HTTPhotos do a simple HTTP read in order to check for any new updates like most nowadays software do. It doesn't even download anything and no: there's NO toolbar or anything of this kind coming with HTTPhotos.
More options to resize pictures and some more templates.
"down loader security risk"
Version: HTTPhotos 2.7
None yet since I have not run due to below.
Norton detected updater21804 as a security risk and blocked but "iminent" search hijacker got through. Have not run actual program yet which was downloaded (and I checked no to whatever toolbar they offered).
"Instant preview of gallery"
Version: HTTPhotos 2.7
Instant preview allows to fine tune colors or pattern selection, also the browser preview doesn't process pictures each time, so it is very fast and convenient to refine the customization.
Would like more options to customize the homepage.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content