An integrated development environment that makes it easy to write games and simulations in the Java Programming Language. It comes with a broad range of demo scenarios and documentation that gets newcomers started very quickly. Greenfoot may be used to learn or teach programming, or just to put a cool game up on a website. (Yes, Greenfoot can export the game to a web page!) Originally developed for school age learners, but now used by all age groups.
What's new in this version:
- New API method Greenfoot.ask(...) to get input from the user
- Fixed: Greenfoot.delay() would not delay if used in interactive method call after reset/compile
- Fixed: Inspecting an object with a package-private variable threw exception
- Fixed: Code completion not working in classes with no declared methods
- Fixed: Calling Greenfoot.start() from World stopped() method can deadlock
- Fixed: Could n... See all new features »