CNET Editors' review
One of the most accessible translating apps currently available on Android, Google Translate does a great job at translating individual words but stumbles often when it comes to sentences, especially longer ones. Still, it remains a highly convenient real-time translator with support for all the major languages of the globe and great features like speech and camera translation, as well as offline support.
Google Translate comes with a polished, streamlined interface that's a pleasure to use. The real-time conversion means that if you don't get a word right, you can quickly try a synonym. But that won't be the case often, because when it comes to word-for-word translations, the app impresses with its accuracy, even when dealing with lesser-known languages. With sentences and paragraphs, the app does get the meaning right most of the time, but the translation isn't always grammatical, or when it is, it's rough. Still, it doesn't get better than this with current free translation tools. Apart from this app's main type-to-translate feature, you'll also like the speak-to-translate option and the ability to translate images taken with the camera, both of which are reasonably accurate. The phrasebook and the ability to handwrite rather than type words are two other nice touches.
If you need a handy translator for travel or work, you won't be disappointed with Google Translate, especially if English is one of the languages you use. Just remember that this app is not intended to replace professional translators.
Google Translate lets you instantly translate between over 50 languages. Use Google Translate to instantly translate text between more than 50 languages.
* Dictionary results
* Voice input
* Romanization (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji, etc)
* History/star favorite translations
More Products to Consider
- Download the latest release of Google Maps, and never carry a p...
- Track the location of your mobile and phone and local networtk ...
- Mumbai Train timetable,Bus routes,Auto & Taxi fare on your mobi...
- This application is an OBDII ECU diagnostics tool that uses a b...
- Explore the world from the palm of your hand with Google Earth.
- Premium turn-by-turn GPS navigation app.
- With Street View on Google Maps, explore the world at street le...
- FREE on-board maps & directions.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to whats going on in Minneapolis...
- Delhi Metro Rail app provides the customers of metro services w...
- Get to know your car with the premier OBDII diagnostic software...
- Track whereabouts of your family members without alerting them.
- Turn your smart phone into a driving assistance system worth th...
- Display your GPS and sensor data on your Android device.
- Detects and translate language of one or several phrases.
- Play in English, French, German, Italian, translated into the l...
- Whether you're going to Burning Man or not, iBurn 2013 is your ...
- Translate between different languages on desktop.
- Juz Amma (Suras of Quran).
- This application is for booking your train tickets in Indian Ra...
- Pick me up at the station. When? With this App, text your arriv...
- Convert English sentences to Hindi and vice-versa.
- Translate English to Tamil.
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content