CNET Editors' review
Golenfound's Google Maps with GPS Tracker is a small, free application that uploads your GPS position regularly via GPRS or 3G and then automatically updates your position on a Google Map display. You need a GPS device to use it, but you can download and try the GpsGate simulator software free for 14 days. Once you're familiar with Google Maps with GPS Tracker, you can buy a GPS device that suits your needs and configure the program to accept it.
A small, square, tabbed interface opened on the GPS tab, which showed blank fields. The program's Web-based documentation and assistance made the setup a snap. We clicked the Settings button and selected the GPS tab, which let us configure GPS Type, the COM Port on our PC we use to connect our GPS device, the baud rate, and kilometers or miles for distance, as well as choose to log our input. The Garmin Protocol tab lets Garmin GPS users enter their product ID, software version, and other data as well as set the protocol. The Share tab contained a single button that let us share our current location via a Web site. Activating this feature called up a slider that let us configure the time out in minutes. The first time we ran the program, we had to permit access through the Windows firewall and our other security tools, but it opened normally after that, displaying our current location with the usual indicator on a Google Map. Since our movements were within the default GPS radius, we couldn't track them, but Google Maps with GPS Tracker will get a workout on our next trip.
We could also configure Google Maps with GPS Tracker to send GPS data to a wide range of outputs, including system ports, com protocols, and even Google Earth. We tried this last option, which included a setup dialog for configuring Google Earth's settings.
From Golenfound Software:
Google Maps with GPS Tracker shows your physical position in real-time on a moving Google Map. A small application on your PC uploads your GPS position periodically over either GPRS or 3G, which updates your position on a moving Google Map.
What's new in this version: Version 41.0 improves map functionality.
More Products to Consider
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Capture maps from major Internet map providers.
- Determine your exact position on the earth.
- Build and edit GPS routes with accurate altitude and time infor...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Access Google Maps from your Internet Explorer browser.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Create your own maps or import digital ones from other applicat...
- Analyze GPS log files and generate Google Earth compatible KML ...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Combine GPS data editor and real-time navigation with Google Ma...
- Create, edit, and transfer waypoints and routes between your co...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Display waypoints, routes, and tracks in an interactive map.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Turn your NMEA-GPS log files into KML files.
- Track your GPS waypoints and view topography maps and aerial ph...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Download Google Maps, save GPS, rectify images, and edit and ma...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 67 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Google Maps with GPS Tracker 41.0
It's so easy to use and the interface is idiot-proof.You wont need anything else. Honestly
None yet... ........
Absolutely great. install this. My top two must-have apps is this and *********. , Honestly.