CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
The Google Drive app lets you view and store files, spreadsheets, and videos, with 5GB of storage space for free, and more if you're willing to pay a subscription fee. The app only requires that you log in to your Google account to quickly access files and media stored on your Google Drive.
Upon launch, the app gives you a list of items to let you quickly get to files on My Drive, files shared with you, files you have "starred," recently opened files, and those you have made available offline. In my testing I opened and looked at a Google Docs spreadsheet, a text file, and a couple of images, all of which were viewable on my iPhone. While I could store an MP3 on my Google Drive, I couldn't play it, so if you were thinking this might be a way to stream music not already on your iPhone, you'll need to look elsewhere.
New to Google Drive for iOS is the ability to create and edit documents. In editing mode, you can change font styles and access other formatting tools. Also, you can now view presentations through a nifty slide viewer. Unfortunately though, Google Drive on iOS still cannot edit spreadsheets.
Another big addition is the ability to upload files right from your device, directly into your Google Drive account.
Those who want the ability to read text files and spreadsheets synced across different devices will find Google Drive useful. Plus, the "make available offline" feature will be a godsend to frequent fliers, as well as anyone traveling to a location with no Internet access.
There is still obvious work to be done on Google Drive for iOS, but I would still recommend it, especially for anyone looking for mobile Google Docs access.
Google Drive is one safe place for all your stuff. Upload photos, videos, documents, and other files that are important to you, then access what you need wherever you go, on any device. Get going with up to 15GB of storage. Free.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- World's most popular VPN with over 150 million downloads. Try i...
- Simplify your mobile life. Let Dolphin do all the work so you d...
- I'm a little "just for fun" hobby developer and this is my firs...
- +++300MB VPN data for FREE!+++Best Online Game Accelerator+++Ac...
- Calculate your loans on your iPhone.
- What's new in this version: The function of WEBDAV is enhanced ...
- Never miss another course, lecture and lab, track tasks and dea...
- Yorkshire Bank Mobile App helps you manage your accounts when a...
- Hightail for iPhone and iPad makes it easy to access and share ...
- Mercury is a fast and elegant web browser for iPad, iPhone and ...
- This App has been created with professionals and business owner...
- Create, edit, and view documents on the go.
- How many times do you send the same texts to the same people?Wr...
- An simple and effective app to manage your budgets, quickly to ...
- Banking with Axis Bank is just a touch away now with Axis Mobil...
- G Book is book search app on iphone of Google Book, you can sea...
- BitcoinData provides a variety of tools and charts, including f...
- Turn any Smartphone into a Scanner with CamScanner for Intellig...
- Complete list of Google Search Operators & Modifiers. Make your...
- OptionSmarter is a Binary Options Mobile platform which is offe...
- This app has not been updated for iOS 4.Manage your Google Docs...
- WiChat is a fast, full-featured Bonjour IM client designed for ...
- This powerful App has been developed by the team at Carters Acc...
- Mercury for Google Apps is the fastest way to access your favor...
All versions:1.5 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Causes mac to slow down to a crawl"
Version: Google Drive 1.5.0
After I installed it, using Finder became almost impossible, as it moved so slowly. I got the spinning wheel of death over and over. The problem started immediately after I installed it, and once I deleted google drive, the problem was solved, so it was clearly to blame.
I'm bummed that this basically ruined how my computer runs, because I'm too cheap to pay for a dropbox upgrade :(
"Causes Windows Explorer to Crash every time"
Version: Google Drive 1.5.0
Would have given me access to Quick Office for free on my mobile devices
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content