CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose.When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.Awards & Press: "[Glympse] is one of those apps that's ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot. CNET Reviews "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" Fast Company Named one of 15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011 Mashable User Testimonials:***** This app is awesome... I use it to show people where I am, my eta, to coordinate several people meeting at the same place coming from different directions... It gives people peace of mind, and the option to see it in a web browser is awesome for those who don't yet have the app. Also, it's nice that you can set the Glympse to expire upon arrival for saved battery life. Bradley Dunham via iTunes***** "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glymspe!!! Thnx!" --via Glympse Support***** I Glympse during bike races so my fam knows where to intercept me. When I'm heading back from a meeting, or when we are heading to other's location. 98Buff via iTunes***** Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously! via Glympse SupportFeatures: Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage Safe: your Glympse automatically expires Live: share location in real-time Open: share with anyone no app required to view Passive: runs in the background Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connectionUse Glympse to: coordinate a night out with friends let your spouse know when youll be home from work negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling find family members at a theme park provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter direct emergency personnel to you quicklyNotes: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Glympse supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Please note that an iPhone or iPad 3G are best suited for sending Glympses as they have GPS for pinpoint location and can share your location while you are on the move. We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the "Send us Feedback" feature in the app under Settings. More localized versions of Glympse are coming soon. If you would like to help translate Glympse to your language, please contact us at email@example.com. Thanks!
What's new in this version: Bug fixes and stability enhancements
More Products to Consider
- 100% FREE and Full version, Urdu Dictionary - English To Urdu D...
- This is English - Urdu and Urdu - English Dictionary ( ), conta...
- A truly offline dictionaries app allows you to browse up to 46 ...
- Translate English to Tamil.
- IBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks inc...
- *This is a British English Dictionary and Thesaurus. If you are...
- Learn more about how to deal with the Premenstrual Syndrome.
- Learn more about Islam on your iOS device.
- This is English - Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionary ( ), con...
- Manage food calories to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Best English to Telugu dictionary in the market. It has more th...
- Archiemd's 3D guide to the most common health conditions, proce...
- Read books on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with Lexcycle S...
- Carry the world's most popular dermatology atlas on your mobile...
- - No Banner, No Advertisement !!!!!Explanation: Do you want to ...
- Mobile Apps are now a major solution for better communication b...
- This is English Tagalog Dictionary, containing 39000 translatio...
- When you are waiting for friends at office, coffee shop, or res...
- Spirometry is the most common of the pulmonary function tests m...
- GeoNumbers displays the latitude, longitude and, if available, ...
- Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats ev...
- Trauma Life Support presents the latest ACS guidelines for asse...
- 10/31/09 Update: Recently, MeetMe was having issues finding add...
- Put a planet's worth of geographic information right into your ...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Glympse 2.0 stops broadcasting locations after ~10 mins"
Version: Glympse - Share location with friends 2.01
Maybe Group feature if it works.
Glympse stops broadcasting my (or the other party sharing hers/his) location after about 10 mins or so using the new version of Glympse (2.01.298). The Glympses remain active but the locations (either theirs and/or mine) won't update even though I know all parties have moved. This issue seems to happen after a party stays at one place for some time (~ 10 - 15 mins). Glympse used to work fine before this update in my old iPhone3gs AND new iPhone5 (IOS 6) using AT&T. It was until after I updated Glympse to the newest version, the location services stop updating/broadcasting. Verified the same symptoms with other two Glympse users, one with VZ and the second with AT&T, using iPhone4s (IOS 6) and latest Glympse version (2.01.298). We have no battery saver apps loaded either.
"Best GPS app I know of"
Version: Glympse - Share location with friends 1.20
Simple, clean, easy to use, addictive, and private.
Uses GPS, so battery life can be an issue depending on the phone
Alerts everyone you are meeting or want to keep up to date about where you are, what the traffic may be, and when you are likely to arrive. You are in control of all info. Multiple uses.
"Simple, clean, and easy. Best location app out there."
Version: Glympse - Share location with friends 1.05
Send location to anyone.
It's realtime on a map.
Love the timer idea.
Wish it ran in the background on iPhone
"Very useful app"
Version: Glympse - Share location with friends 1.01
This is very useful for long trips, letting friends know exactly where you are and when you will arrive. No need for repeated phone calls. The user may control the duration and access of the tracking info.
Definitely uses a lot of battery power and the cellphone gets very hot. After 3 hours, the battery ran down. But if you can use a car charger and not put it in your pocket, it's excellent.
This is extremely useful for many traveling situations; it provides a degree of security for family members and also assists coordinating meeting points. If the battery usage were better, it would earn 5 stars.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content