From Global Mapper Software:
Global Mapper has built in functionality for distance and area calculations, raster blending, feathering, spectral analysis, contrast adjustment, elevation querying, line of sight calculations, cut-and-fill volume calculations, as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from surface data, view shed analysis (including Fresnel) from surface data, watershed delineation, terrain layer comparison (including differencing), and triangulation and gridding of 3D point data. Repetitive tasks can be accomplished using the built in scripting language or comprehensive batch conversion functionality.
What's new in this version: Version 14.1 has increased LiDAR processing and display speed, and the ability to view and process point files in the hundreds of millions range.
More Products to Consider
- Work with various maps and perform feathering, spectral analysi...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Track your GPS waypoints and view topography maps and aerial ph...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Combine GPS data editor and real-time navigation with Google Ma...
- Put geographic information of planet right on your desktop.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Correct the spelling errors and make your computer experience e...
- Solve discrete problems on your PC.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Create, edit, and transfer waypoints and routes between your co...
- Solve discrete problems on your PC.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Study Hadiths in three languages.
- Create and manage your text files with an extended functionalit...
- Convert HTML Help files to PDF documents on your computer.
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Repair / remove invalid registry references.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Edit/view HiRISE & GIS, high magn.,+++ menus,slow<learn"
Version: Global Mapper 11.00
Provides JP2 satellite MRO HiRISE capability, many GIS/terrain file access, and has many menu controls.
Relatively high magnification of closeup limits. Good lime, area, polygon measurement tools.Reasonable menu access even in trial mode. An asset..
Unstable (in learning curve) for layer interaction controls. 'Flips' all or each layer to extremes upon adjustment changes at times, requiring a rebuilding of the overlay settings. May relate to JP2 HiRISE images only? Back/Undo button missing?
A great GIS file and mapping editor/builder, with many controls which give a fine color, detailed, finished product. I have only used JP2 satellite images in this, and that is not the central use of this fine product. The trial use is reasonably complete in controls, and the closeup high magnifications seem more extreme and at least as good other JP2 file readers. A helpful addition to JP2 satellite image viewing/editing.
A few days use, and I still find some layers 'not following, but leading, in inexplicable changes occassionally, requiring a resetting or even a reloading of the layer file. The JP2's are 50MB to 2.5GB in size, and that may be partly at cause in the apparent instability.
Other readers experiences would be helpful to me in regard to the few possible problems.
I would recommend all persons try the trial program installation, with a mind to consider buying- price for a mapping/GIS program is inexpensive.
A method of rendering JP2/JPEG distortions to a low noise level would be helpful, as in all image editors.
Aspects of this program are better than some other free and 'fee' viewers I use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: