From Global Mapper Software:
Global Mapper has built in functionality for distance and area calculations, raster blending, feathering, spectral analysis, contrast adjustment, elevation querying, line of sight calculations, cut-and-fill volume calculations, as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from surface data, view shed analysis (including Fresnel) from surface data, watershed delineation, terrain layer comparison (including differencing), and triangulation and gridding of 3D point data. Repetitive tasks can be accomplished using the built in scripting language or comprehensive batch conversion functionality.
What's new in this version: Version 14.2 added new right-click option to the 'Search Vector Data' dialog to allow calculating and displaying the statistics for a numeric column in a result set. This allows you to easily see the minimum, maximum, average, and standard deviation of the numeric values for all of the selected attribute for the result set.
More Products to Consider
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Work with various maps and perform feathering, spectral analysi...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Design and manage your 3D objects.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Draw, visualize 3D images, and manage your materials.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Save your life's information including health, home, car, passw...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage your personal or business information.
- Manage GoldMine CRM with Excel-based reports and data manipulat...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Manage your spa or salon business and monitor profits.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Combine GPS data editor and real-time navigation with Google Ma...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Create custom databases to store all of your personal and busin...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Display realistic notes with alarm function on your desktop .
- Create 3D objects from high-polygon models to hard-edged surfac...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Edit/view HiRISE & GIS, high magn.,+++ menus,slow<learn"
Version: Global Mapper 11.00
Provides JP2 satellite MRO HiRISE capability, many GIS/terrain file access, and has many menu controls.
Relatively high magnification of closeup limits. Good lime, area, polygon measurement tools.Reasonable menu access even in trial mode. An asset..
Unstable (in learning curve) for layer interaction controls. 'Flips' all or each layer to extremes upon adjustment changes at times, requiring a rebuilding of the overlay settings. May relate to JP2 HiRISE images only? Back/Undo button missing?
A great GIS file and mapping editor/builder, with many controls which give a fine color, detailed, finished product. I have only used JP2 satellite images in this, and that is not the central use of this fine product. The trial use is reasonably complete in controls, and the closeup high magnifications seem more extreme and at least as good other JP2 file readers. A helpful addition to JP2 satellite image viewing/editing.
A few days use, and I still find some layers 'not following, but leading, in inexplicable changes occassionally, requiring a resetting or even a reloading of the layer file. The JP2's are 50MB to 2.5GB in size, and that may be partly at cause in the apparent instability.
Other readers experiences would be helpful to me in regard to the few possible problems.
I would recommend all persons try the trial program installation, with a mind to consider buying- price for a mapping/GIS program is inexpensive.
A method of rendering JP2/JPEG distortions to a low noise level would be helpful, as in all image editors.
Aspects of this program are better than some other free and 'fee' viewers I use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: