Ghostery is an add-on for Google Chrome. Find out who's tracking your Web browsing with Ghostery. Ghostery alerts you about web bugs, ad networks and widgets on every page on the Web.
Ghostery sees the "invisible" web, detecting trackers, web bugs, pixels, and beacons placed on web pages by Facebook, Google Analytics, and over 500 other ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers - all companies interested in your activity.
Ghostery allows you to block scripts, images, iframes and objects/embeds from companies that you don't trust.
Ghostery also includes the optional, opt-in feature called GhostRank, which sends Ghostery servers anonymous information about the trackers you encounter and where you encounter them. This helps us improve and support Ghostery.
PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY:
Ghostery is built and maintained for users that care about their online privacy, and is engineered with privacy as a primary goal. Ghostery use is anonymous. No registrations or sign-ups are required. The Ghostery plug-in does not place session cookies into your browser. Neither the Ghostery application nor Evidon receives any data from Ghostery users unless the user opts-in to participate in GhostRank. GhostRank data is anonymous, it is NEVER used for advertising targeting purposes, and is only shared in an aggregated, non-personal, statistical form.
What's new in this version:
- An issue where the alert bubble not displaying tracker names on some websites with specific CSS rules (all versions).
- The skip button not working on Opera’s walkthrough.
- Ghostery icon displaying in the middle of image pages on Firefox for Android.
- Tag filter blocking UI improvement on Firefox for Android.
- Ghostery icon and badge improvements on Firefox for Android.