CNET Editors' review
Geekbench for Mac measures the performance of your processor and memory, providing extensive results. Don't expect to be able to easily interpret those results, though, unless you're a computer expert. But then this app, as its name suggests, is made for geeks, so we can't really blame it for that.
Geekbench for Mac automatically detects the model, processor, memory, and operating system of your computer. For the tests to run effectively, you have to close other apps, and this is clearly noted. The progress bar, timer, and text keep you updated with how the testing is going. Once the test is completed, a Web page with the results automatically opens. This provides a lot of information, but it has no frame of reference, making the results difficult to interpret unless you're an expert. If you are an experienced user, though, you'll love all those figures. We ran Geekbench on our MacBook Air and the application took around three minutes to complete the benchmarks. In order to share our results via the Geekbench Result Browser we needed to register for a free account, which only required us to provide a valid e-mail address.
The free trial version of Geekbench for Mac limits testing only to 32-bit processors. To unlock 64-bit benchmarks and hardware stress tests you will have to buy the full version of the app.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Geekbench for Mac 3.0.2.
From Primate Labs:
Geekbench is a completely awesome cross-platform benchmark that measures the performance of your computer's processor and memory. Geekbench also offers the sexy Geekbench Result Browser which lets you compare your Geekbench scores with other Geekbench users.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for the Mac Pro (Late 2013).
- Added the ability to export benchmark results to XML.
- Fixed an issue that broke Dropbox integration on 64-bit iOS devices.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Catalog your removable media.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Benchmarking utility.
- Screen capture utility.
- Read out accessible hardware sensors.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- View OpenGL accelerator info.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Benchmarking app for testing your Mac's speed.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Disk image (DMG, CDR, ISO) creation and conversion tool.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Checks hard drives' internal diagnostics systems.
- Database of every Mac model and other Apple hardware.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content