CNET Editors' review
Geekbench for Mac measures the performance of your processor and memory, providing extensive results. Don't expect to be able to easily interpret those results, though, unless you're a computer expert. But then this app, as its name suggests, is made for geeks, so we can't really blame it for that.
Geekbench for Mac automatically detects the model, processor, memory, and operating system of your computer. For the tests to run effectively, you have to close other apps, and this is clearly noted. The progress bar, timer, and text keep you updated with how the testing is going. Once the test is completed, a Web page with the results automatically opens. This provides a lot of information, but it has no frame of reference, making the results difficult to interpret unless you're an expert. If you are an experienced user, though, you'll love all those figures. We ran Geekbench on our MacBook Air and the application took around three minutes to complete the benchmarks. In order to share our results via the Geekbench Result Browser we needed to register for a free account, which only required us to provide a valid e-mail address.
The free trial version of Geekbench for Mac limits testing only to 32-bit processors. To unlock 64-bit benchmarks and hardware stress tests you will have to buy the full version of the app.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Geekbench for Mac 3.0.2.
From Primate Labs:
Geekbench is a completely awesome cross-platform benchmark that measures the performance of your computer's processor and memory. Geekbench also offers the sexy Geekbench Result Browser which lets you compare your Geekbench scores with other Geekbench users.
What's new in this version: Geekbench 3.1.5 adds support for BlackBerry 10. Geekbench 3 for BlackBerry is available for download on BlackBerry World. You can also see how BlackBerry handsets compare using the new BlackBerry Benchmark Chart on the Geekbench Browser. Geekbench 3.1.5 also features the following changes:
- Added support for Android devices with MIPS processors.
- Added Android CPU governor to system information.
- Added L4 cache information to system information.
- Fixed an issue w... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Study for the OAT exam with over 2200 flashcards.
- Test and improve your knowledge on MCAT materials.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- GUI wrapper for the Memtest CLI memory/RAM tester.
- Benchmarking utility.
- Mathomatic is an easy to learn and use computer algebra system ...
- Read out accessible hardware sensors.
- Provides info on how files on a Mac can be used with PCs.
- Flashcards for the AP US History Exam.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- View OpenGL accelerator info.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content