CNET Editors' reviewThis little gadget offers a convenient way to locate the lowest gas prices in your area, but it's limited in its scope. Gas Prices is available online as a Microsoft gadget for Internet Explorer 6 users only. The program immediately launches, displaying a search box for you to enter a zip code. The program quickly displays three results, complete with gas station name, address, and gas price. Clicking any of the results will take you to the publisher's site. From there, we like that it can zoom in on the location, provide point-to-point driving directions, and show price listing of other gas products. However, Gas Prices offers no options to save search results. Potential users also should note the program lists gas price results only for the United States. Nonetheless, we recommend this app to price-conscious gas consumers at all levels of computer know-how.
Find the lowest gas prices in your area with this gadget. Click on any result and you'll find yourself instantly taken to a map centered on the location of the gas station. There's also the address of the gas station as the destination for a driving directions search. Simply type in your starting address, click the "Get Directions" button, and you'll have the quickest route to the cheapest gas in no time.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Display the RSS feeds in the widget in an attractive way.
- Place a monthly calendar on your Windows desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Create widgets to control RS232 related devices without any pro...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Restrict the amount of time that a child or anyone uses their c...
- Change the background image on your computer periodically.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Create and manage school timetables.
- Access to your favorite programs from the Windows desktop.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Solve Trigonometry problems that you enter and receive step-by-...
- Create custom lists of programs to be run as a group.
- Generate word and number codes.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Add a timer to your desktop to take regular breaks.
- Arrange, furnish, adapt, and use according to your own habits a...