CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
GarageBand offers a mobile version of Apple's powerful iWork music creation tool, with only a handful of drawbacks to what is otherwise a powerful, intuitive tool. More powerful than many beginner tools but not nearly as powerful as some of the most robust tools on the market, GarageBand is a perfect entry-level tool for someone interested in multi-track recording or digital composition on a mobile device.
GarageBand offers numerous options when first starting. From keyboards to drums, to sampling and a number of presets that make it easy to create fun effects without having to play with the controls too much, GarageBand has a lot to play with. It operates only in landscape mode and some tools are better on the Mac--especially the keyboard interface--but many options like the amplifier option, recording tools, and samplers are very well crafted and perfectly easy to use, even for those with no experience creating music. Multitrack recording is another very useful tool here, and despite the resources this app must demand, it ran smoothly in every test we developed for it, from an eight track recording to multiple voice inputs and three- to five-minute audio recordings being edited onscreen.
GarageBand is one of those rare apps that can be useful for almost anyone interested in recording. Whether you are interviewing someone for your podcast or are playing with Smart Drums while connected by Bluetooth to three other iPad or iPhone users, this app never ceases to amaze. This is one of Apple's better iWork apps for the iOS platform.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy a range of Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro even if you've never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.
What's new in this version:
- * Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- * Import songs from the Music library on your iOS device
- * Play or record with GarageBand in the background while using other apps
More Products to Consider
- Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats ev...
- BIGGER, BETTER FUN-NERThe original Talking Tom Cat is back - an...
- Take your iPhone, iPod, or iPad camera into the past with some ...
- Distort, fatten, pinch, and stylize your camera with real-time ...
- Create multi-track songs with this intuitive music creator on y...
- Dont be fooled by imitators - this is the original Cell Phone T...
- Rock out on guitar, bass, drums or vocals.
- Get the BEST CELL PHONE TRACKER!Locate any phone in the world, ...
- Sync with iTunes playlists and create DJ sets on your iPhone.
- Watch YouTube like you are used to! Access all videos with this...
- Part robot, Part synth - Bebot is a versatile musical synthesiz...
- Jailbreak for iPhones, iPods Touch & iPads of all versions with...
- Some reviews about Drums Challenge: "... is a fun game to have ...
- Ready to rock your next party? The premier DJ app and winner of...
- Cute Emoticons Free - Use 450 Cute Emoticons & Gif Animation Cu...
- Vjay transforms your iPad into a cutting-edge mashup machine.
- Read books on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with Lexcycle S...
- One touch voice recorder for iOS. Send your voice to Facebook, ...
- This is the Internationally SuccessfulAll Mobile Tracker System...
- Play your iPhone like a trombone with this unique musical app.
- SopCast bring live TV to your iPhone.SopCast is a simple, free ...
- Play the piano or play along to hit songs with this unique musi...
- Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple....
- Pandora Radio is your own free personalized radio now available...
All versions:4.9 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best app for beginers & Ipad, very addictive"
Version: GarageBand 1.3
A fully functional audio creating and editing program. You don't have to go out and spend tons of money on software or sound loops.
With the amount of royalty free loops and samples that come with it, you could create tons of original songs without ever having to spring for an audio interface & even if you get tired of the same old loops, you can always edit the MIDI files or download free loops from around the internet.They manage to fit everything onto one screen, which is nice for editing
As i am just a beginner in creating music, don't know about much of the cons, but it is gud to me , so i will try my best to be good with it.
Making music is one of my aims in life & i use to find it very hard to do as i am just an beginer,but when Garageband came up i found it bit easier & very userfriendly than others & secondly you don't have to buy all those expensive consoles & instuments to creatwe music, Ipad is awesome as it have garageband specially for a guy like me, still after i bought it i was not getting anything that easily to work it out because if you don't know how it really works, then it can be very complex. It is very sophisticated, which now i feel is one of the best reasons to buy this app & this blog have just given me pocket full of information regarding what i really wanted to kno & i am happy & satisfied with it now, I have also opted for the <a href="http://www.wiziq.com/course/11846-garageband-for-ipad-in-1-hour''/>garageband for ipad tutorials course from Mike Klinger</a> which I have found very useful to me. I will be following this blog post because of comments of such senior people in music line who have bag full of information,so i need some more knowledge of reviews of this blog & him to sharpen my skills more.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content