CNET Editors' review
Game Hunter for Mac, like its sister application DVD Hunter for Mac, offers users a way to comprehensively catalog and keep track of their large video game collections. The level of detail this app offers might be a bit overwhelming, though.
Installation was performed quickly and easily, and we were adding games to our newly created catalog within minutes. The intuitive interface meant little hassle in adding titles and populating the various fields of data. We typed a few words into the title field and clicked "Auto complete" to retrieve the rest of the information from Amazon's database. However, while doing so we found that some of the fields were superfluous. We wondered if any gamers out there would ever need to sort their game collection by UPC code or age rating. These seem more useful to sellers, but Game Hunter for Mac is designed for the collector, with no place to add a price or note whether it's been sold or not. There's a feature to track the lending history of the game, which integrates your contacts into the app to identify which of your friends or family have borrowed it. You can also check off the game's status--"Unplayed," "Playing," or "Finished"--information that even the casual gamer would know off the top of their head.
Game Hunter for Mac is designed for the serious video game collector to stay on top of their collection and not lose track of the titles they've purchased. Though the level of detail it offers may be more than necessary, this application works as intended and is definitely worth a try.
Game Hunter is a free application for Mac OS X Leopard that catalogue, sort, and organize your videogame collection. To save your time Game Hunter can query online database and easily get all information about your favorite games.
What's new in this version: The last version of Hunter Suite fixed a few bugs with Moutain Lion and introduced support to sync with iPhone 5 and iPad 3.
More Products to Consider
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Catalog, sort, organize your book collection.
- Organize, visualize, and maintain your family history.
- Catalog, sort, organize your movie collection.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- Flash photo gallery software with built-in templates.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Play and organize media files that QuickTime supports.
- Adventure/puzzle game of desert exploration.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- Manga-viewer and a library organizer all-in-one.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Won't Download, so can't review."
Version: Game Hunter 1.1.15
I like the previous version, but I need to read it on a computer in in other room. Not clear on how to do this.
Can't see files generated in one computer on one in other room(s). All have Game Hunter 1.1.14 and can't find out how to share the data.
1) I'd love to see the latest one, but it doesn't download.
2) I am NOW running Mac Lion OSX 10.7 and LOT's of valuable programs will no longer run.
3) CNET should note OS version it will work on.