CNET Editors' review
There is no need to search through printed texts or online for visual displays of genetic pathways--just rely on this easy-to-use free app.
Advanced Pathway Painter is a handy tool for bioscience students and researchers seeking displays of mapped genetic and protein pathways. It launches a compact, slightly crowded, but functional interface that's preloaded with a wide array of pathways, and updating the pathways through an Internet connection is a simple process. Researchers will appreciate its ease of use as they analyze gene and protein experiments that identify genetic variations related to disease. These are not only human pathways, but also pathways for a wide variety of plants and animals.
The app performed very well in our tests, responding quickly to all clicks and searches. We liked that searches could be directed by gene or protein name or by accession number, and that the app included built-in links to a number of databases, including the OMIM, Protein, PubMed, SNP, UniGene, and UniSTS lists at the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a number of PBIL databases, and CloneReport and GeneReport. We appreciated how the color-coded displays include dynamic hyperlinks to direct Web resources, which will save much searching time for students. What's more, the price can't be beat. Genetic scientists will appreciate adding this application to their reference toolbox.
Advanced Pathway Painter is free tool that helps you visualize pathways. The user has the possibility to display any kind of quantitative data from gene and protein experiments directly within the pathways (colors represent the value). The linking between the pathway items and the experiment data is done over the gene or protein names and their accession numbers. Furthermore the user has a quick overview on the gene/protein with the collected links in the Web-interface (direct links).
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Create questionnaires, analyses, surveys, and other answer shee...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Create automated graphics to display, visualize, or edit scient...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Extract and merge data from mailboxes on servers running Exchan...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- View and edit binary data files.
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- View serial port data either directly or via the built in filte...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Resolve Microsoft Data Access Component tool installation probl...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Build Box-Jenkins models for univariate and multivariate data a...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Control access to your delicate data.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage data, integrate your standard operating procedures, and ...
- Store and manage downloaded Web pages on your hard drive.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A bit to special for normal customers, else great!"
Version: GSA Advanced Pathway Painter 2.18
- a good interface
- a great help when mapping dna data
- slow load
- no pathways included (will have to download them in program)
I got though this software over another one from this company. I must say that this helped our university a lot. Its to specialized for normal customers but it is a great help.
"VERY complicated but could be usefull"
Version: GSA Advanced Pathway Painter 2.13
does what it says
if you dont know how to read it its useless i still dont know how to use it but am taking the time to find out
very complicated not for the use of the simple scientist