From G.D.G. Software:
GConvert reads all icon images from any icon resources and displays them in a list: you then select the icon you want and it can be converted to the format of your choice: icon, bitmap, PNG, Adobe Photoshop PSD, JPG and GIF. or you can copy it to the Windows clipboard - or even drag and drop it - for direct use into your applications, documents and Web pages.Any icon resource is supported such as EXE, DLL, icon libraries ICL (32-bit and 16-bit), Windows ICO and Macintosh ICNS and RSRC files, cursors CUR, and ZIP archives.
What's new in this version: Version 5.2 create bitmap strips for toolbars and animation controls from a set of icons. Several options available: horizontal or vertical bitmap strips, transparency... Export bitmap strips as PNG or BMP files and PNG files with incorrect headers are now handled in some cases.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Add interface icons to Windows and for your web activities.
- Work with PDF files directly from Windows Explorer.
- Powerful image viewer with SlideShow and file management.
- A collection of icons with the Windows 98 motif.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Design Android, iOS and WP7 apps with mobile app icons collecti...
- Convert various bitmap images into icon files.
- Complete luxury audio recorder with OGG/MP3.
- Convert your PNG files into Icon files in very large quantities...
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Performs exactly as advertised"
Version: GConvert 5.2
I have had no problems running an extended trial of the app, have pulled icons from Vista, 7, and now Windows 8 DLLs. Pulls the 256x256 PNGs with alpha out without problems. I rarely have to use it (maybe two or three times per year), but it hasn't failed me yet.
It is hard to justify at $15 when I use it so rarely.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: