CNET Editors' review
Fun-Towers is an addictively fun card game contained in a somewhat sloppy piece of software. Despite its flaw, we find that we can't pull ourselves away.
Fun-Towers is a version of solitaire in which cards must be taken from the field and added to a stack, moving cards that are only one higher or one lower than the card on top of the stack. The game is actually really easy to play, but we'd never seen this style of solitaire before, and the instructions included with the game were awful. We figured it out with some trial and error, and then found it hard to pull ourselves away. For the most part, the game is nicely designed, with an attractive interface. The game's options are located in a drop-down menu, although it's not always obvious what they mean. Again, this is something that could have easily been solved with some better instructions. We did like that users can turn on and off the option to be alerted when there are still cards that can be played before flipping over another card in the stack; turning this option off makes the game much more challenging. We also liked that the program tracks high scores and has a variety of ways to earn extra points, lives, and time. We were concerned that during our testing the game crashed, although this only happened once. Overall we found the game to be quite enjoyable, just lacking a bit in professionalism.
Fun-Towers has a 10-use trial period. It comes as a zip file but installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Bernd Karle:
The cardgame Fun-Towers is a popular cardgame for young and old. 24 levels with growing difficulty, cards in sequence bonus, level complete bonus, time bonus, time left bonus, cards left bonus, extra life, bonus level, hiscore, high run hiscore, training-mode, and joker. Goal of the game Fun-Towers is to remove all cards from the field. To remove a card it's value must be either higher or lower as the one card beside the stack. A real alternative for all solitaire cardgames friends.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the popular Eleven card game.
- Play 592 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Speed up, maintain, and protect your PC.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Create ISO files, burn DVDs, and rip your favorite songs from a...
- Improve your memory and concentration via the card game.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Download and update all your Windows drivers, back them up, and...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Build the best possible hands in both the rows and columns.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1