CNET Editors' review
Fun-Towers is an addictively fun card game contained in a somewhat sloppy piece of software. Despite its flaw, we find that we can't pull ourselves away.
Fun-Towers is a version of solitaire in which cards must be taken from the field and added to a stack, moving cards that are only one higher or one lower than the card on top of the stack. The game is actually really easy to play, but we'd never seen this style of solitaire before, and the instructions included with the game were awful. We figured it out with some trial and error, and then found it hard to pull ourselves away. For the most part, the game is nicely designed, with an attractive interface. The game's options are located in a drop-down menu, although it's not always obvious what they mean. Again, this is something that could have easily been solved with some better instructions. We did like that users can turn on and off the option to be alerted when there are still cards that can be played before flipping over another card in the stack; turning this option off makes the game much more challenging. We also liked that the program tracks high scores and has a variety of ways to earn extra points, lives, and time. We were concerned that during our testing the game crashed, although this only happened once. Overall we found the game to be quite enjoyable, just lacking a bit in professionalism.
Fun-Towers has a 10-use trial period. It comes as a zip file but installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Bernd Karle:
The cardgame Fun-Towers is a popular cardgame for young and old. 24 levels with growing difficulty, cards in sequence bonus, level complete bonus, time bonus, time left bonus, cards left bonus, extra life, bonus level, hiscore, high run hiscore, training-mode, and joker. Goal of the game Fun-Towers is to remove all cards from the field. To remove a card it's value must be either higher or lower as the one card beside the stack. A real alternative for all solitaire cardgames friends.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the popular Eleven card game.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play online version of Michigan Rummy, also known as Tripoley.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play a combination of poker and solitaire.
- Play 584 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Train your brain and use your intelligence while playing a card...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play a rich set of Solitaire games.
- Play alone, with friends, or against your computer in this memo...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Be the last one with cards in the online trick taking game.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Make the right bid to score in online multiplayer Spades game.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play various solitaire games against the clock.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1