CNET Editors' review
You have a high-resolution wide-screen LCD monitor, good video card (or cards), and HD sources, yet you're using Windows to display images? Or maybe you've had to flip through huge batches of image files and wished there was an easier way. There is, in the form of Fullscreen Photo Viewer. This simple, free tool is optimized for displaying high-resolution images in full-screen mode. With keyboard, mouse, and command line options, it lets you move quickly through batches of images with minimal effort.
Fullscreen Photo Viewer opened with a black screen with basic instructions displayed DOS-style in the upper-left corner. This program uses the Function keys to toggle features on and off, including file information, program control buttons, and a red-cyan 3D overlay. In addition to keyboard commands and forward and back arrows on the interface, we could also right-click the screen to access a menu of basic commands. The Help file also lists command line options. We browsed to a folder of images we use as a wallpaper slideshow and selected one, which loads the entire directory. The image opened against a black full-screen view, with semitransparent navigation arrows and an X to close the program in the right margin. We clicked through the images, which loaded quickly with no lag. We chose our wallpaper images because of familiarity; any real differences would show up quickly, or at least, that's the theory. But whatever else can be said, Fullscreen Photo Viewer displayed our familiar (and familial!) images in maximum quality. Pressing F2 displayed each file's data in the top edge. The 3D feature is experimental but cool: press F9, and the program renders a 3D version (you'll need 3D glasses, of course). A recent (and very welcome) upgrade added the ability to minimize the program to the toolbar, though the command is too elaborate; there needs to be a button or hot key to activate this extremely important feature.
Graphics pros, developers, and other power users will appreciate Fullscreen Photo Viewer's command line capability and keyboard-based controls. But anyone can appreciate its ability to display high-quality images quickly and accurately.
From 4 Neurons:
Fullscreen Photo Viewer is an image viewer designed for high-quality viewing of high-resolution pictures and photographs on the computer screen. It renders the image using advanced scaling algorithm to fit the resolution of your monitor.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2:
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View photos, images, RAW files.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Control your computer's shutdown function.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Erase files to prevent their recovery in future.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Place alarm clock on your desktop and wake up by alarm timed to...
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent and small"
Version: Fullscreen Photo Viewer 2.2
works great on Win 7 & 8
easy to install
no crapware with it
no negatives to this program
This is a wonderful free program for showing images, jps and tiffs, on a large screen or computer without any margins or other information. It is really full screen. I love it and use it all the time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content