CNET Editors' review
Solitaire is one the all-time classic computer games: it constantly keeps the entertainment level high, just like the real game. Full Deck Solitaire joins the line of high-quality, free solitaire games available.
Full Deck Solitaire packs 22 delightful solitaire games, all wrapped up in one tight package. Within the game, users will find all the old favorites such as Klondike, Pyramid, and Spider Solitaire, as well as less common variations such as Tri Peaks solitaire and Thieves of Egypt. In other words, solitaire players will find all of their favorites in this one application.
We liked the intuitive, uncluttered user interface, with the sepia cards reminding us of how many times we had played it. Each time was just as much fun as the last. Also, the optional sound effects complete the card-playing experience; we enjoyed using it. In addition, players have an animated video background of a moonlit beach, with the sea lapping up on the shore -- very relaxing; it lets the player focus on the game.
While users have three decks to choose from, we particularly liked the antique version. However, if you dislike any of the available decks -- clean, antique, or large print -- you can create your own custom card backs, too.
We enjoyed playing Full Deck Solitaire; besides the nice interface and great sounds, the application has extensive stats displayed at the bottom, telling you everything about your performance. In other words, this game is a great version that draws on the best features of solitaire games available, all packed into a nice interface, and available for free from the Mac App Store.
From GRL Games:
Designed by a Mac and Solitaire loving Mom and Daughter, Full Deck Solitaire is a beautiful card game with an easy to use user interface. Twenty-two uniquely different variations of Solitaire not seen in many other games keep even the most seasoned guru occupied. Statistics for each game let you know how many hours you have played, games you have won and your highest score for that game. A uniquely smart three level hint system lets you know if there are moves to play and will even shake the cards if you can't quite see that elusive move. The game has an option of a classic background, your own wallpaper, or a gorgeous moving video of the ocean under the Moon. Games include Klondike 3 Card, Klondike 1 Card, Vegas Solitaire, Freecell, Thieves Of Egypt, Forty Thieves, Red And Black, Royal Parade, Demon, Canfield, Canfield 1 Card Turn, Double Canfield, Spider 4 Suit, Spider 1 Suit, Spider 2 Suit, Pyramid, Tri Peaks Solitaire, Golf, Golf Around Corner, Gaps, Montana, Beleaguered Castle and Bisley (brand new in this version!). A few of these classic games are unique to Full Deck Solitaire!
What's new in this version: Fixed stacking and scoring bug
More Products to Consider
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- 135-game solitaire package.
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Epic adventure battle game.
- 23 uniquely different variations of Solitaire.
- Play smooth and beautiful solitaire.
- A collection of 455 multi-featured solitaire card games to play...
- Klondike / Solitaire game.
- Collaborative game development research project.
- Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator.
- Play your favorite solitaire games against the clock for points...
- Full-featured solitaire game.