CNET Editors' review
FreeVimager is a simple tool for viewing photos and video and hearing music. The program is functional, but isn't anything spectacular.
We were pleased with FreeVimager's intuitive interface. Within no time we were opening our photos and utilizing the program's simple editing tools. Focusing mostly on resizing and adjusting the color composition, the program didn't let us add filters or anything fancy, but we actually liked how that kept things focused and simple. However, we didn't agree with the program description's boast that it was smaller than its competition. Frankly its size, just like its functionality, was about the same as other viewers'. In addition to pictures, we could download video and music and play both with what had to be the world's most basic player: a Play button and a slider. We appreciated that it allowed for PDF conversions. With a single button push, we converted our JPEGs to PDFs. Everything worked well and proved to be an acceptable way to view various media.
FreeVimager is a freeware program. While the program fails to provide a lot of fireworks, its simple functions make it worthy of download.
FreeVimager is a free image viewer and editor. It can as well play AVI video files and some type of audio files. It is a small and handy tool which view and edit graphics file of type: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF (multi-page), PNG, PCX, and EMF and save as PDF command, and JPEG lossless rotate and crop. It includes Multi-monitor support: switch form one monitor to another through context menu or TAB key.
What's new in this version: Version 4.7 supports Webcams, WDM and DV devices and Network cameras and integrated web server.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Convert and print PDF files with multiple features.
- Restore and batch process low-quality JPEG images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Edit your PDF file properties from author, title, subject, and ...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Use a Safari-style Firefox theme with Apple-like features.
- Convert Microsoft documents to a variety of formats.
- Browse the Web, block pop-ups, and increase surfing speed.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Better for viewing video, but"
Version: FreeVimager 1.3
Actually the video viewing is better, No longer sluggish when i go to full screen mod. I love this program because i need to take still image photos out of video, Often and this program does this wonderfully.
I Do not however like that it opens my pictures, Even after i told it only to open my movie or video files. It still brings up my images, when i go to print. I still have to figure out how to fix this.
"Only image viewer to have multiple monitor support"
Version: FreeVimager 1.1
1. Multiple monitor support, not even Irfanview or Picasa have that.
2. Smooth upscaling of images, no jaggies.
3. Portable application, just copy paste and it works.
4. Very small in size.
5. Developer personally responds to and implements feature requests via Contaware.com forum.