Date Added:Jul. 10, 2013
Downloads Last Week:36
Product ranking:#47 in PDF Software
opens all pdf files
does not edit most pdf files... not even those pdf which are created from text files or word files
It's fast and looks useful. If you are careful when installing, you can avoid extra softwares.
Find tool is hidden somewhere at the left bottom. Does not work well, keeps dinging and my mouse mostly slides to toolbar before I can hit the find button.
Going for another light pdf reader... BYe Expert
1. You can edit your pdf with basic things like entering a text box, pencil, highlight, adding a signature (import from image only, can't draw out directly).
2. You can save it and print it
1. You spend all the time making it pretty and perfect but when you save or print it, part of the pdf document is missing or the text boxes you put in are all weirdly messed up/ spaced.
2. When you use the text box, it will automatically bold the font even though you just selected "un-bold" before typing your text.
3. There is no copy and paste. I don't know if that is normal among these programs but it'd be real nice if it had one.
4. Item selection a little tedious. Sometimes double-clicking will select a text, sometimes it will enlarge the object.
I wouldn't use it. IF there is another updated version, I may give it another try in hopes that the issues mentioned earlier would be fixed. But for this version, it is a no.
opens documents more quickly than Adobe or Foxit
accurate display of documents
It seems to me that the bad reviews here are either for an old version or are hatchet jobs from someone (maybe competitors?)
I like it and it is now my default PDF reader after 2 or 3 years of Foxit.
I was able to download the EXACT version, 9.0.180, supposedly described in the "Publisher's Description" above. and . . . . .um . . . I'm thinking . . . . . . um .
. . . . Oh and it CAN open pdf files for READING!. ... WOW! Shame I can't come up with any more "Pros" than that ... :(
1. Their "Publisher's Description" above is DECEPTIVE, which states, "The reader will also allow modification of existing documents. You may modify document outlines, insert rubber stamps and modify any annotation that has been created from eXPert PDF or any other PDF creation software" !?! The copy I downloaded had Zero editing ? even their own ever-present advertisement admits on the main page two bulleted CLEARLY states, "Open and read pdf files" then the next line states, "Copy graphics or text from pdf files to other documents" ONLY - to get more you have to buy their "Expert PDF 8
The only thing it is "Expert" in READING pdf files buy their COMMERCIAL copy. I SEE ZERO EDITING CAPABILITIES!
2. Expert" pdf Reader is extremely limited to reading and minimal copying You also cannot rid yourself of the ever-present advertisement to their commercial version.
3. Ever their name "EXPERT is deceptive .. as it take MUCH more memory to only READ than most others I have checked out.
CNET editors falsely proclaims to be lightweight having minimal download size while consuming a WHOPPING 52MBB (almost equal to ADOBE) while running ZERO documents. Other pdf versions like Foxit has seemingly 20 times the features yet occupy less than 1/4 the internal memory at 11MB. I guess even the editors fell for the deceptively limited download size rather than operating size!? Maybe CNET needs to do some REAL evaluation in the future, rather than just take salesman's word for something. Needless to say, I do NOT recommend "Expert" pdf Reader! I am uninstalling it instead!
Search and find capability to find keywords in full document is available from text search field at lower left corner of application window. Other free PDF viewer lack this vital feature
Haven't used it long enough to bump into annoying limitations, but I'm sure they are present.
Good lightweight PDF viewer with case-sensitive search capability.
Reply by ganerd on March 17, 2015
DEAR Reviewer901, ROTFLOMAO! Either you are a beginner and have zero PC skills OR you are PAID to place a useless comment. Not so obvious bias your reviews are PAID for This is number 901 profile ... do you also have over 900 OTHER fake profiles.
The people who wrote and reviewed this piece of crap software will pass away within the next 80 years and the software world will be a better place. We can only pray that it happens sooner.
Even after unchecking the "Yahoo" browser extensions it still installed a bunch of malware that not even task manager could stop. I had to do a hard reset to get the programs to close and then hope they uninstalled correctly. I will never use CNET again!
CNET has lost all credibility. They no longer have a goal of providing high quality downloads. Instead, it seems that all they are interested in is generating revenue by either bundling downloads with crappy products that no one wants or pushing malware.
Reply by ganerd on March 16, 2015
ROTFLMAO! I don't like the software either .... however I do know how to DOWNLOAD. If you notice if you click on the big green link, you get for what you ask. Notice the tiny letter under the green link which say, "Installer Enabled." You OBVIOUSLY downloaded the INSTALLER. A little further don from that link, below the file sie info is another slammer link saying, "Direct Download Link"
I also agree with your summary CNET has lost all credibility. They no longer have a goal of providing high quality downloads. Instead, it seems that all they are interested in is generating revenue by either bundling downloads with crappy products that no one wants or pushing malware." Because even the site many site they rate fairly high do have viruses, even downloading direct from the site.
It's light, you can do some highlight in the text, add notes, but that's it.
No true editing. No font change, no delete text, change layout etc.
In the time I downloaded and installed, no ad or malware came with it. But it's true, as @jchopper said, that you can turn off the ad instalation (if you read REALLY carefully the instructions during installation proccess!!!!) when it comes with the program.
Totally free, and does the job
none that I see so far
It blows my mind that people are rating this program poorly because it auto installs other programs. People, read the prompts as you are installing it instead of just pushing "accept" through all the windows. Step 2 onwards in the install process is asking you if you want to install these other programs. Simply deny, and you will only end up with the PDF editor. Don't rate the program poorly just because you can't follow directions
Reply by ganerd on March 17, 2015
ROTFLMAO! It is OBVIOUS you are either a PAID reviewer or beginner and have ZERO PC Skills.How many OTHER FAKE profiles do you have!?
Reply by ganerd on March 17, 2015
ROTFLMAO!! Obviously you don't know how to bypass the installer and download DIRECT!? However, even downloading it correctly it is useless. Read my accurate and thorough review.
NONE AT ALL.
Just as others said full of malware and BS programs.
Just made me lose trust in this site, WILL NOT BE BACK.
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site||http://www.visagesoft.com/|
|Release Date||July 10, 2013|
|Date Added||July 10, 2013|
|Category||Graphic Design Software|
|Operating Systems||Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7|
|Downloads Last Week||36|
- Edit Pdf
- Pdf Reader For Windows 10
- Pdf Expert
- Pdf Reader For Windows Xp
- Pdf Edit
- Pdf Reader For Windows 7
- Pdf Editor
- Adobe Reader Windows 7
- Adobe Reader 11 For Windows 10
- Pdf Reader For Pc
- Adobe Reader 11
- Pdf Reader For Xp
- Microsoft Print To Pdf
- Pdf Reader Windows Xp
- Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Free Pdf Edit
- Free Pdf Editor
- Pdf Reader For Windows Vista
- Adobe Reader
- Pdf Editing
- Print To Pdf
- Adobe Reader App Microsoft Surface