CNET Editors' review
While it lacks the massive game libraries offered by some competitors, this solitaire package won't cost you a cent. The word collection isn't the ideal title for this program, as it includes only five solitaire variations. And while the graphics are by no means amazing, this piece of freeware looks better than Windows' built-in solitaire games.
Free Spider 2005 Solitaire Collection won't blow any minds with extensive user-customization options, but you will find tools for changing the card style and the background color, as well as a check box for disabling the sound effects.
Newbies will appreciate that the application offers extensive rule sheets for all included games. Hard-core solitaire nuts can probably pass this one by, but casual players should at least take a closer look, particularly given the lack of a financial commitment.
Free Spider includes five great solitaire games: Rouge et Noir, Simple Simon, Spider Four Suits, Spider One Suit, and Spider Two Suits. Free Spider features a winning layout, fast gameplay, rich sounds, extensive options, an autoplay option, and quality help. Each game has more than nine trillion (9,999,999,999,999) possible games to play, so the game remains fresh no matter how many times you play. You also can customize the decks and the backgrounds and play it on touch screen monitors.
What's new in this version: Version 4.0 includes new features to make it fully compatible with the new Microsoft operating system, Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit). The new solitaire Rouge et Noir has been added (in place of Coleopter). Added a new "Single Click/Touch to move cards" option in the Options dialog box. It is automatically selected with the Windows 8 operating system. This new option will allow you to move cards by simply touching them (on touch screen monitors), or left-clicking them when using... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Enjoy playing four solitaire games.
- Play eight different puzzle solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play four great FreeCell type solitaire games.
- Play 455 multifeatured solitaire games.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play various solitaire games against the clock.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Embrace the Queen and shoot the Moon.
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Customize and play hundred mahjong solitaire and matching games...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play 250 popular one and two pack solitaire card games.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 151 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great fun, nice visual and sound"
Version: Free Spider Solitaire 4.0
Love the playing options
Clunky new game start process
"Fun but can't win....ever"
Version: Free Spider Solitaire 4.0
Fun if you like losing all the time
Ball buster Can't win
fun to play but frustrating.