CNET Editors' review
Folder2MyPC allows users to create shortcuts for folders and applications in their Control Panel and My Computer. Though the program is easy to use and functions as promised, the lack of instructions for use is a significant drawback.
The program's interface is sleek and uncluttered, with separate tabs for creating both folder and application shortcuts. Users simply select the folder or application that they want to create a shortcut for, give it a name, and optionally select a custom icon for it. Folder shortcuts are created in My Computer, while application shortcuts can be added to My Computer or the Control Panel, including Control Panel subcategories. An additional tab gives users the option to edit or remove shortcuts they've already created, and another lists Windows folders with check boxes next to them, although there is no indication what occurs when a user check or unchecks a folder. For the most part, the program is fairly intuitive and easy to use, which is a good thing, as there's no Help file. The poorly written description of the program made us unsure at first what the program even did or how it could be useful to us. Fortunately, it's easy enough to figure out with a bit of experimentation.
Folder2MyPC is free. It comes as a ZIP file and although it installs without issues, it leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users who would like to create shortcuts in their Control Panel or My Computer.
From Shedko software:
By help of this utility you can add any folders and programs in My computer and Control panel. The basic opportunities:- Addition/change/removal of any folder and programs in a folder My Computer and Control panel. A choice of type of a created shortcut: the Explorer opened in the same window or in new. An opportunity of a choice of an alternative icon for a folder.
It is possible to create folders both for the current user and for all users in system. Addition/change/removal of any program in a folder My Computer and in Control panel. Program loading for display of new folders, after creation of necessary folders is not required. Now includes translation on: English, French, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese (Brazil), Italian, Spanish, Polish, Turkish and Ukrainian languages.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Search and uninstall programs quickly.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Rename files and folders in bulk.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Browse your bookmark folders easily.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Replace any folder icon with a custom one.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Get a collection of icons for your desktop.
- Get a collection of icons for design or software projects.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Customize your folder's appearance.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Launch and access almost everything you need.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Access your favorite files, folders, and programs from one menu...
- Open programs and hide your files and folders.
- Keep a hierarchical list of favorite programs, documents, and f...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"The missing piece"
Version: Folder2MyPC 126.96.36.199
This is an essential tool to add items regularly used to 'My Computer' and 'Control Panel' windows objects. For every advanced and power users.
Version: Folder2MyPC 188.8.131.52