CNET Editors' review
Folder Factory for Mac allows you to drag and drop images and folders onto the app screen to customize the folder almost instantly on your desktop or in your file folders. While the app doesn't offer a lot of options or features beyond the image customization, it makes up for the lack of variety with sheer speed. This is a very quick app, allowing you to customize nearly any folder on your computer in just seconds.
After installation, open the app and you can immediately start customizing folders. There will be three empty spots onscreen. One is for the folder, one is for the image that will be placed on the folder, and the third, largest spot, is for the new folder once the two are combined. Drag and drop the folder and image in, click the "Apply" button, and voila, you have a new folder with an image on it. This allows you to customize standard Finder folders in just seconds and distinguish them for when you cannot read the text or want to make your desktop that much more personalized. You can also change the color of the folder and the intensity of that folder -- another great way to alter the overall look and feel of your computer and make it easier to find what you need.
If you want to change how your folders look and want something that doesn't overload you with too many bells and whistles, this is the app for you. The free version has all of these features and no limitations, though in the paid edition you can also add things like text and clipart that will even further customize your folders.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Folder Factory for Mac 1.2.
From Appsoft Studio:
Folder Factory is an easy-to-use app for changing looks of any folder on your Mac. Having exceptional folders will help you to keep your working environment organized and tidy. Groups of similar folders may now have a matching color, picture or text. Besides, eye-catching folders are easy to find in your working environment, as it captures the attention in the blink of an eye. -Enhance folder icons with the pictures or text -Apply color effects and adjust opacity -Place text and images exactly where you want them on the folder icon -Write text in any font, size or color -Replace original folder icons with the picture, text or both -Compose unique folder icons within seconds. Changing looks of the folder with Folder Factory is effortless. Drag the selected folder into application's window, attach a picture, write text, modify colors or opacity and place everything exactly where you want it on the folder icon. Entertaining folders will increase productivity, improve your working environment and lift up your mood every time you turn your Mac on. Use it for your folders to make them truly exceptional!
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Customize and colorize folder and file icons.
- Simple utility to merge multiple folders into one while preserv...
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Remove .DS_Store files.
- Mirroring and file manipulation tool.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- Alter the creation and last modified date and time of files and...
- Replaces the application's name with its icon in the system men...
- Display your screensaver as your desktop background.