CNET Editors' reviewLike many fishing-simulation games, FlySim turns out to be a mixed bag. This first-person game puts you in a boat with a fishing rod in your hands. We weren't awfully impressed with the ho-hum 3D graphics, and we found it somewhat difficult to figure out how to operate our rod, even though FlySim includes numerous help files. You do get a realistic set of fishing-related features, including the ability to switch flies, change your line's drag, and check the river's hatch charts. However, the trial version provides full access to only one of the eight rivers (though you can explore the others) and restricts you to one fish per session. When all is said and done, we think FlySim really suits only die-hard fans of fishing-simulation games.
FlySim features full 3D graphics, accurate casting dynamics, and realistic fish behavior. FlySim's physics-based casting integrates everything from air resistance to water tension for ultra-realistic casting dynamics. You can overhead cast, roll cast, mend, and shoot line with enough accuracy to learn the fundamentals. The fish use a sophisticated strike engine and physics-based movement for realistic striking and fighting behavior.
The full version offers nine destinations and ten species of trout. Version 1.5 added 3 new destinations and several new species of fish. The demo users can now explore several of the new destinations, but they cannot fish in them.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Transform your computer into a freshwater aquarium and dive int...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Display a 3D photo-realistic aquarium on your desktop.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Turn your PC into a 3D aquarium with mechanical fish among whim...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Watch as graceful swans float lazily around a tranquil mountain...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Watch 3D manatees and fish roll, swim, and float in stylized ri...
- Dive into a 3D water world full of scary sharks, beautiful fish...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Watch Easter Bunny as he roams through backyards in 3D.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Race hovercrafts all over the world in this 3D game.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Watch a full 3D sceen of a silent lake on your desktop.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play a 3D backgammon game with realistic graphics and sounds.
- Explore a mysterious ship as oceanic fish swim by.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"FANTASTIC!!! Just like being on a trout stream!"
Version: FlySim 1.5
This is one of the best simulations I've ever played!! The action and the way the fly line and fly act when casting and floating is extremely realistic! A must have or any fly fisherman.