CNET Editors' review
Turbo Browser is an intuitive photo-editing and file management tool. It combines two features we don't usually see together--a basic image editor along with a file browser and organizer--which sets it apart from other similar programs.
Turbo Browser's interface is basic and looks a lot like Windows Explorer. There are panes to display folders, the names of files within the folders, and previews of the files of themselves. We loved being able to preview not only images, but also Word documents, PDFs, and other files without opening their respective programs; this is a really valuable tool to have when trying to organize documents. The program also contains a basic HTML editor and FTP capabilities, allowing users to easily tweak and upload Web pages. The program's image editor isn't going to win any awards, but it does contain basic features such as cropping and rotation, as well as adjustments for color, brightness, blur, and so on. The program's Help file isn't terribly detailed, but it's adequate. Overall, the program isn't well suited for people who need to do anything intensively, be it photo editing or Web site creation. But it is a fantastic choice for users who find themselves needing a lightweight way to occasionally complete basic tasks. Our only serious disappointment was that the program does not seem to allow image conversion from one file type to another, which would have been helpful.
Turbo Browser has a 30-day trial period. It installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Turbo Browser is a photo and document editor and manager that lets you browse, edit, compress, and organize your photos and documents all in one place. This release supports previewing of over 200 formats, including digital camera RAW formats. Its Photo Editing feature lets you do high quality quick fixes from single click red-eye removal button to manually changing white balance. Timeline Display lets you display and select files by timeline so you can readily identify them. File Tagging lets you tag your favorite or frequently used files so you can retrieve them quickly. Batch processing processes groups of files like group rename, batch format conversion, group photo editing, and photo size reduction. Organize Wizard organizes photos by names, events, time, or locations instead of by hard to recognize serial numbers generated by camera. It also comes with an integrated HTML and code editor with side-by side source and Web view with ability to edit files directly on the server.
Version 11.5 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 11.6.002060418 is a maintenance update.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Manage, view, and edit your multimedia files, and create pictur...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- View, browse, edit, and manipulate digital images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View, edit, and manage your images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Provide vectorized and image cleaner for designers and CAD/CAM ...
- Find, view, play, print, email, and edit your multimedia files.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- View, edit, and convert various types of images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create, secure, resize, and view images in desired viewing mode...
- View, organize, enhance, and publish your digital photographs a...