CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will redirect to the extension page. To install the extension directly, click on the install button on the page.
CNET Editors' review
One of the most popular Firefox extensions, with well over 10 million downloads to its name, has now been made available for Chrome users. FastestChrome by FastestFox is a simple free add-on that helps you browse faster by speeding up common tasks through predictive text input.
FastestChrome is easy to use and all its features are configurable via the options menu. It offers great functionality and is really quite simple to understand. One of our favorites, the Endless Pages feature, will automatically load the next page. No more waiting or unnecessary clicking of Next buttons there. It is simply and conveniently just there once you get to the end of the current page. Another cool feature is that highlighting a word will automatically search for its definition, actually presenting not one but four options for how to do it.
The publisher claims the tool is built on the simple premise that if searching can be made faster, then productivity will be increased. We can't say that you'll be any more productive just because you try FastestChrome, but this free extension is a handy add-on for any Chrome user.
FastestChrome is an extension for Google Chrome. Get auto-loading of next page and improved searching. It helps to enhance your productivity. Automatically loads the next page just before you reach the end so you don't have to click "Next" or wait. Look up definitions instantly by highlighting a word, to open searches in a new tab middle click the icon, select text then click on a search engine to search, and it automatically turns text URLs into links.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Provide a versatile technology browser with high level of secur...
- Download video from YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok and other...
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Download YouTube video from your browser with one-click.
- Make it easier to check the spelling of several words at once i...
- Get instant access to advanced search features of your favorite...
- Edit text, add effects, and make your documents professionally ...
- Expand your Internet searching capabilities by getting quick ac...
- Protect your privacy and defend yourself against network survei...
- Learn common Chinese characters and edit formatted text documen...
- Close Right Tabs in chrome.
- Deliver a runtime form designer application with easy to use 10...
- Palette management system for Photoshop.
All versions:1.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
Version: FastestChrome 7.0.3
None that I can think of
We're testing a commercial site and when I went to one of the products on it, Fastestchrome popped up links to my COMPETITOR'S products! I wonder how Amazon deals with that. How would Google feel if every time I rolled over their logo a box popped up asking me if I'd prefer Firefox?
Now we have to find a way to block Fastestchrome from running on our site, if we can so our own site doesn't send customers to our competitors.
"I Thought It Was Spyware"
Version: FastestChrome 7.0.1
None. Totally unnecessary.
- Generates pop-up advertisements every time you search, shop, or view an image.
- Ads block text, images, and search results.
- Displays advertisements disguised as Google search results.
- Violates privacy by reading and recording browser content for ad base.
- Generates SEVERAL pop-ups and ads per page, every page.
- Over-rides AdBlock application.
- Automatically "saves" search engine results as an "unknown file" instead of displaying results in browser.
- Seriously thought it was adware/spyware/virus.
When my Google searches started being saved as "unknown file types" I was confused. When my ad-blocker started failing on Craigslist I was annoyed. When a random image I searched was scanned (with a startling laser scanning animation) and then resulted in a pop up showing similar objects for sale, I thought I had a virus. Luckily, the pop up had a logo and brand name "FastestChrome" and I was able to search and find this page. I don't remember installing this... did it auto install with something else?
"Too intrusive on a netbook"
Version: FastestChrome 6.1.5
Little features added to search and your right-click button are nice and an easy shortcut to different search engines, definitions, etc.
Pop-up shopping comparison is too intrusive and usually totally unrelated to my search.
I run Fastest Chome on my netbook and find it is too intrusive. It's helpful shopping comparison pop-ups had to be disabled because everytime I searched it would come up with unrelated shopping comparisons. Other features such as r-click searches and definitions are nice.
"OK but doesn't play nice with Google Instant Search"
Version: FastestChrome 6.1.4
Has some very nice features especially the comparison shopping.
Whenever I start a Google Instant Search, Fastest Chrome tries to download a file called search.html and interrupts my search.
Because of the search problem, it was either disable Google Instant, or Fastest Chrome. I chose to disable Fastest Chrome until this bug is fixed.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content