From Digital Waters:
With an innovative and easy-to-use interface, and you can create your own icons in a few steps.
- How does FastIcns work?
Pick your favourite file, folder, or image and drag it over the cube then check the preview and then double-click the cube to save as an icns file, as a resource fork-only file or as a PNG image. Or you can drop another file holding the Command key to assign it the icon.
- Which image formats are supported?
FastIcns supports all common image formats, including transparent images and Windows icons. Just try it! ;)
- What happens if I drag in a generic file or folder?
Its icon is captured in order to proceed to icon generation. It can be useful if you want to convert icons from a format to the other.
- What's an icns file useful for?
You can provide it as an icon for a bundle. For example, Mac OS X applications use this format for their icons.
- What's an icon in a resource-fork-only file useful for?
That is the kind of file you'll find for example on interfacelift.com to distribute icons, as these files provide an immediate preview in the Finder and are easy to copy icons from. So this is the format recommended to distribute your icons too!
- I see my picture rotated in FastIcns. What can I do?
The Edit menu contains some simple editing functions to rotate or flip your image before the conversion.
- Can I assign the icon to an already existing file or folder?
Yes. Choose the item "Assign to file or folder" from the File menu. As a shortcut you can drag the target file or folder over the cube pressing the Command key: you'll be asked to confirm changing its icon.
- Can I convert more than one file at the same time?
Yes. Enable the batch conversion mode from the menu or with Command-B and play with it: double click on the cube to configure it and drop files to create icons.
What's new in this version:
- added background on mouse over
- added no-cube version
- added explicit assignment function
- localized in Korean and Chinese (Simplified)
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Convert images to icons or icons to images.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Create images from file icons and much more.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Create icons of various sizes from a given picture file.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Veteran icon extractor.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Screen capture tool.
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Quickly change/restore system icons.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.